Fun And Games

"Ready or not, here I come!" Lloyd calls from the living room. You slip into a room at the end of the monastery that nobody ever uses and flatten yourself against the wall next to the door, using the shadows in the dimly lit room to camouflage yourself.

"Catch me if you can..." you whisper with a grin on your face.

A few minutes later, Lloyd comes into the room and starts looking around. He looks right at you several times without seeing you, which makes you grin in triumph. Finally, Lloyd seems to decide that nobody's here and turns to leave the room. But you're not going to let him get off that easily—you still owe him a good pranking.

You leap out of the shadows and tackle Lloyd. "Gotcha!"

Your tackle knocks both you and Lloyd over. The two of you roll across the floor a few times before coming to a stop with you pinning Lloyd down. You laugh a bit and toss your head to get your hair out of your face.

That's when it occurs to you that you're really close to Lloyd's face. Lloyd must have realized it too, because he's blushing.

"You're really beautiful when you laugh," Lloyd says quietly.

"You're cute when you blush," you reply without thinking.

You blush when you realize what you said. Lloyd doesn't reply, just brushes an annoying piece of hair out of your face.

You slowly lean closer, closing your eyes. You can feel Lloyd leaning up to meet you. The two of you meet in the middle, everything else forgotten.

You sit down next to Lloyd. He wraps his arm around your shoulders and pulls you close. You rest your head on his shoulder.

"I love you, y/n."

"I love you too, Lloyd."

When you and Lloyd finally pull apart, your head is almost spinning, both from getting to kiss him and what you just remembered. Not that you wouldn't do it again if you could.

"Thanks," you say softly.

"For what?" Lloyd asks.

"For still believing in me, even after everything that's happened."

Lloyd shrugs. "Of course I believe in you. You're my g—my friend."

You laugh quietly. "You can say 'girlfriend,' Lloyd. I know you're thinking it."

"Okay," Lloyd says, a smile spreading across his face. "You're my girlfriend."

You poke his shoulder. "Wipe that grin off your face." A few seconds later, though, you're smiling too.