You Get Captured

"Coming!" you yell over the sound of the doorbell. You reach the door and pull it open. "Running low on patience today, Lloyd?"

"Hey, babe," Lloyd says. He's wearing a pair of dark sunglasses. "How ya doin'?"

"When did you decide to turn into a 'bad boy'?" You ask.

Lloyd follows you inside. "I'm just trying something new. Is that illegal?"

You laugh. "No, it's just that I never would have thought of you as the 'bad boy' type." Something about Lloyd is making you vaguely uncomfortable, but you can't put your finger on it. You shrug it off. After all, this is Lloyd. Your boyfriend. If you can't trust him, who can you trust?

"It's a whole new me, babe," Lloyd says with a smirk.

"You know we're inside, now, right?" you say. "You can take those sunglasses off."

Lloyd flops down on your couch and kicks his feet up onto the coffee table. "Yeah, but you look hotter with them on, babe."

That uncomfortable sensation from earlier is back. Check that—you're not just uncomfortable, you're nervous. This isn't like Lloyd at all.

Trying to look calmer than you feel, you turn and face the couch, making sure to keep a large chair between you and Lloyd. "Lloyd. Take the sunglasses off."

"Let me think...no." Lloyd says.

You start slowly backing away. "Lloyd, what's going on? You're not acting like yourself."

Lloyd waves a hand. "I'm fine. Geez, babe, relax. It's me."

"Lloyd, you know I don't like being called 'babe'," you say, taking another step backward. You're almost to the back door...you just have to keep him talking for another minute.

"Come on, sit with me," Lloyd invites. He straightens up and pats the couch.

"You know, I don't think I'm gonna do that," you say, fumbling behind you for the doorknob. "In fact, I just remembered I promised to meet b/f/n..." You aren't sure what's going on here, but Lloyd definitely isn't himself. You need to get out of here and warn the other ninja, now.

"You aren't going anywhere!" Lloyd stands up. You open the door, scramble through, and slam it behind you. A moment later, you hear Lloyd crash into the door. You turn and run for the fence. If you can just reach it and climb over before Lloyd catches up to you, you can cut through backyards until you lose him.

A hand grabs your arm and jerks you to a stop. "I said, you aren't going anywhere," Lloyd growls. You hit him with your free hand, trying to make him let go. Instead, you knock his glasses off, revealing a pair of glowing red eyes. You flinch instinctively, and Lloyd growls at you. There's a blinding pain just behind your ear, and then nothing.