You Ask Him Out

You and Lloyd are hanging out in Doomsday Comics. Lloyd is reading the latest edition of Starfarer, while you’re engrossed in the newest (favorite comic). You’re determined to ask Lloyd out, but you have no idea how to do it.

You’re about halfway through your comic when you reach a romantic scene. (Sorry if your favorite comic doesn't have romantic scenes.) You sigh as you read the panel.

“How does (character’s name) make that look so easy?” you groan.

“Make what look so easy?” Lloyd asks.

You gesture at the comic helplessly and glare at the page in front of you. “That!”

Lloyd looks over at you. “Is something wrong?”

“No…yes…ugh, I don’t know,” you tell him.

“Well, that’s three choices,” Lloyd says with a grin on his face. “Which one is it?”

“It’s a little complicated,” you tell him.

Lloyd raises his eyebrows. “Why don’t you tell me about it?”

You take a deep breath. You know Lloyd will give you good advice.

“Okay,” you tell him. “There’s this guy, and I think I like him as more than a friend, but I’m not sure if he feels the same way.”

“Okay…” you almost think you hear a note of jealousy in Lloyd’s voice. “Tell me about him.”

“He’s cute, and he’s funny, and he makes me feel like I’m on top of the world,” you tell him. “He’s fantastic. I never get tired of spending time with him, and he’s always there for me.”

You don’t see any recognition in Lloyd’s eyes, but you plow ahead anyway. “I really want to ask him out, but I don’t know how to do it. Do you have any ideas?”

“Well…” now you can definitely tell that Lloyd’s jealous. “Try just asking him ‘will you go out with me?’ I think that’s the best way to do it.”

You take a deep breath. “Okay…Lloyd Garmadon, will you go out with me?”

Lloyd’s jaw drops. “What? Really? Yes! Yes, yes, yes!” He starts jumping up and down and pumping his fists in the middle of the store. “She asked me out! She asked me out!”

You grin at him. “Are you done now?”

Lloyd looks around and remembers that he’s in the middle of a crowded store. “Oh, um, yeah. Right. Yeah.”

You giggle and turn the page of the comic you’re holding. “Best day ever.”