He Meets Your Friend

You really enjoy hanging out with Lloyd’s friends. You’ve visited the monastery and met his teacher, Sensei Wu, and now you and Lloyd are closer than ever. You’ve decided to thank Lloyd for letting you meet his friends by inviting him to meet b/f/n. You haven’t told her who Lloyd is, and she’s driving you crazy by constantly asking to meet him.

You invited Lloyd over to b/f/n’s house for a sleepover. B/f/n’s parents are out of town, so you don’t have to worry about being embarrassed by any adults. B/f/n has been trying to guess who Lloyd is all evening. Finally, you throw a pillow at her and tell her to be quiet. That works—for about thirty seconds. Then b/f/n starts trying to guess again.

Y/u: Where are you? My friend is driving me nuts!

Givemecandy: I’m almost there. Do you have candy?

Y/u: Why in the world would I not have candy?

Givemecandy: OK, I’m in her driveway now…

Sure enough, a few seconds later, b/f/n’s doorbell rings. “I’ll get it!” b/f/n shouts. She vaults over the couch, slides down the banister by the stairs, and opens the door.

“OHMYGOSH! Y/n, why didn’t you tell me Lloyd Garmadon was your boyfriend?!?!” b/f/n screams excitedly. You walk down the stairs and roll your eyes at Lloyd.

“So…are you going to invite him in, or are you just going to stand there fangirling?” you ask b/f/n.

B/f/n looks at you, then back at Lloyd. “Oh, um, right. Come on in,” she says. “Y/n and I are watching movies upstairs…”

Lloyd walks up the stairs, probably looking for the candy you promised him. B/f/n leans over and elbows you.

“Why didn’t you tell me Lloyd Garmadon was your boyfriend?” she whispers.

You roll your eyes. “First of all, he’s not my boyfriend. We’re just friends. And second, I didn’t tell you because I knew you’d act like this.”

B/f/n grins at you. “I promise I’m done fangirling now, okay? And don’t worry—I’ll stay out of your way.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

Lloyd pokes his head into the stairwell. “Are you guys coming up here, or do I get all this candy to myself?”

“No you don’t!” You charge up the stairs, with b/f/n right behind you. You tackle Lloyd over the back of the couch, knocking three bags of candy from his hands. “No candy for you!”

B/f/n laughs. “Who wants ice cream?”

“I DO!” Lloyd jumps up and runs out of the room. 

“The kitchen’s the other way, Lloyd,” you call after him.

Lloyd charges back through the room. “I knew that!” You and b/f/n both burst out laughing.

You look at b/f/n. “Now, what did you mean, you’d stay out of my way?”

B/f/n rolls her eyes. “Y/n, you’re literally the only one who doesn’t know.”

“Know what?”

“Y/n and Lloyd, sitting in a tree—”

“I can hear you guys!” Lloyd’s voice shouts from the kitchen.

You feel your face get hot and glare at b/f/n. “I’m gonna kill you!”

B/f/n grins. “You, y/n, are in L-O-V-E.”

You throw a pillow at her. “Shut up.”

Lloyd walks back into the room with a huge bowl of ice cream. It’s completely covered with chocolate, butterscotch sauce, and a bunch of gummy candies. 

“Who’s with me?” Lloyd asks, holding up three spoons.

You and b/f/n both take spoons. Then the three of you settle down on the couch and watch all six Star Wars movies in a row while eating Lloyd’s gigantic sundae.