You Get Sick

You lie in your bed, coughing and sneezing. You woke up this morning with a fever, and you haven't been able to hold anything down all day. It's official: you have a nasty flu.

Your stomach heaves, and you roll over and vomit into a trash can next to your bed.

"Well, that's pleasant," Lloyd's voice remarks.

"Lloyd!" you turn to face the door. "How did you get in here?"

Lloyd moves into the room. "Your dad let me in. He said you were feeling pretty lousy and some company might cheer you up."

You wipe your mouth with a tissue. "I hate to break it to you, Lloyd, but in case you haven't noticed, my dad's clueless. You shouldn't be in here—you could get sick, too."

"Well, I'm already in here, so I guess I've already been exposed," Lloyd counters. "So really, me staying doesn't put me in any more danger of getting sick."

You sigh and lean back against your pillow. "I'd point out the hole in your logic, but I'm too tired. And I'm really thirsty."

"You should try to stay hydrated," Lloyd says. He picks up a glass of water from your dresser and hands it to you.

"Thanks, Captain Obvious." You grin and sip from the glass.

"You're welcome, Sergeant Sarcasm," Lloyd replies with a grin.

"Lloyd Garmadon, I am never going to get the last word with you," you smile and close your eyes.

Lloyd chuckles. "Probably not. You want to hear what I'm planning for April Fools?"

"Sure."

Lloyd makes a show of checking over his shoulder. "I'm booby-trapping the whole monastery with paint bombs and water buckets. Just when the guys think they've found everything, BOOM! Another trap!"

You laugh, "You're really going all out." 

"I'm also gonna swipe Cole's camera and take pictures of everyone covered in paint."

"So, basically, you're going to be hiding until next summer." 

Lloyd laughs. "Yeah, probably. But it'll be worth it. It wouldn't be a good prank if somebody didn't want to hurt me at the end of it."

"Good point," you laugh. "Just don't take it too far, okay? I still want to have a boyfriend at the end of this!"

Lloyd kisses your forehead. "I'll be careful, y/n, I promise."

"That's all I ask."

"Oh, hey, I almost forgot!" Lloyd pulls out a few comic books. "I swung by Doomsday Comics on the way here and picked up the newest f/c and Starfarer."

"Lloyd, have I ever told you you're the best boyfriend in the universe?"

Lloyd smirks at you. "Well, yes, but you can always say it again."

"Don't push it, mister."