Sensei Wu's Announcement

Someone coughs quietly from the doorway. "Excuse me," Sensei Wu says. "I need to speak with y/n for a few minutes."

When nobody responds, Zane nudges your shoulder. "He means you."

Oh. Right. You're y/n. You have to keep reminding yourself that that's your name. It's weird to think that everything you've been talking about happened to you. It feels like you've been hearing the story of another girl's life.

You stand up and follow Sensei Wu down the hall. He leads you into a small room with an incense bowl in one corner, a teapot and charcoal burner in another, and two large, flat pillows on the floor. (There are links to pictures of what those might look like in the comments if anyone's interested.)

"Sit down," Sensei Wu says. You look around, then sit down on one of the pillows.

Sensei Wu pours himself a cup of tea, sits on the other pillow, and gives you a serious look. "There is something important I must discuss with you."

"What?" you ask, shifting uncomfortably. Sensei Wu holds out a cup of tea, and you take it.

"How are you feeling?" Sensei Wu asks, taking a sip of his tea. "You have been given a great challenge."

You raise your eyebrows. "If by that you mean 'my memory's gone AWOL,' then yeah, I'm feeling pretty challenged right now." You take a sip of the tea. It's surprisingly good.

Sensei Wu nods. "I would be surprised if you didn't. However—how should I explain this...?"

"Just spit it out," you sigh. "I can't take the suspense."

"I won't burden you with what happened just yet—it's up to you to decide whether or not you wish to remember that—but recent events have proven that you are an elemental master."

You choke on your tea and spray it all over Sensei Wu. "What? I can't be an elemental master!"

Sensei Wu calmly wipes tea off of his kimono and beard. "But you are. The Master of Shadow, to be precise. And we must begin your training as soon as possible."

"But...this is crazy," you protest weakly. "How do you expect me to master an elemental power when I can't even remember my name?"

"The past is the past," Sensei Wu replies. "What matters most right now is the future. And if what I have heard is true, the ninja will need all the help they can get."