He Gets Sick

"You know, I did warn you," you say with a grin.

Lloyd groans and pulls his covers over his head. "I don't want to hear it, y/n."

"Now you might not be able to pull off your April Fools prank bonanza."

"I said I don't want to hear it," Lloyd repeats, his voice muffled by his blankets.

You came to the monastery to hang out with Lloyd, only to discover that he got the flu from you. You'd nearly forgotten about that-you got over your flu almost a week ago.

"Are you sure you want to keep your head under the covers like that? It gets pretty stuffy when you do that."

"You're not under here," Lloyd calls. "That's good enough for me."

You fold your arms and lean against Lloyd's door frame. "Somebody's cranky when they're sick."

"Mmrmph."

"You know, negativity's not healthy for you."

"Mmrmph."

"You should really try to have a more positive-"

"Enough, already!" Lloyd pokes his head out of the covers and leans back against his pillow. "You know, y/n, you could be more sympathetic to sick people."

"Sorry. Force of habit."

"Force of habit?" Lloyd repeats incredulously.

"You forget what I do to my dad every morning."

Lloyd rolls his eyes at you. "Point taken."

You move into the room and sit down on his bed. "But seriously, I do feel sorry that you're sick. Even if it is your own darn fault."

"Sure, blame it on the person who can't get you back for it," Lloyd jokes. "Just you wait, y/n. I'll think of a way to get you back for this."

"I'm terrified," you tease. "I'm trembling in fear!"

You pretend to shiver in terror and somehow manage to fall off of the bed. You and Lloyd burst out laughing.

"Um, hey, y/n, while you're in here, I should probably tell you something," Lloyd says awkwardly after a few minutes.

"What?"

"You're probably not even gonna believe me..." Lloyd mutters.

You fold your arms. "Try me."

Lloyd sighs. "Okay. See that picture on my nightstand?"

You reach over and pick it up. It's a picture of Kai, Jay, Zane, Cole, and Lloyd. "Yeah. What about it?"

"Man this feels so weird..." Lloyd mutters. "Notice anything unusual?"

You study the picture again. There doesn't seem to be anything unusual about...wait a minute.

"Lloyd, why do you look like a kid in this picture?"

"Because I was a kid."

You frown. "Hang on a minute. When was this taken, and how old are you, anyway?"

"Six months ago, give or take. And do you mean biologically or chronologically?"

You put the picture back on the nightstand. "Lloyd. How. Old. Are. You?"

"Um...twelve."

"TWELVE?!?" you yell. "Explain. Now."

"Okay," Lloyd mumbles. "Calm down."

You tap your foot. "I'm waiting."

Lloyd takes a deep breath. "Okay, so, back when my dad was evil-long story-he somehow managed to resurrect a Grundal and turn my friends into kids. We were able to fix everything using Tomorrow's Tea, but I got turned into an eighteen-year-old in the process. Don't ask, it's kind of complicated," he adds quickly, seeing the look on your face.

You sit down on Lloyd's bed again. "You just fried my brain. Your dad used to be evil? He's Lord Garmadon?"

"I told you, it's kind of a long story," Lloyd says.

"Well, I'm not going anywhere. Start talking."