Chapter 20: Who are you grass ninja

(A/N: I didn't like my old cover for this story anymore so decided to make a new one.)

Kaiya's P.O.V

I was traveling through the trees towards the powerful source of charka.  I was drawn to it for some unknown reason.

'Who is the owner of this strong charka,  and am I so drawn to it?' I thought keeping my focus on the charka signature.

I shook my head trying to ignore the constant questions that kept popping into my head.

'Whoever this powerful chakra belongs to. They're just up ahead with Team 7 and seems Naruto charka is moving towards the direction of his team.'

***

I was traveling through the trees at full speed when I came to a stop in one of the trees.

I saw the grass ninja from earlier wrapped around a tree across from  Sasuke. While Sakura and Naruto were in a different tree.

'The grass ninja name Shiore, but why does her charka feel different it so much strong. I guess she was suppressing earlier so it wasn't as strong, but why am I suddenly is drawn towards it?' I thought stareing at the grass ninja confused.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Sasuke shout.

"You can have it!" Sasuke shouted.

"Hmm," Shiore said looking over at Sasuke.

Sakura and Naruto also both looked in Sasuke's direction.

"The scroll right?" Sasuke asked pulling the scroll out of his tool pouch." That what you want, I'll give it to you. Take it and leave us in peace," he said holding the scroll out to her.

"Huh?" Naruto and Sakura said both surprised.

'What on earth is going on here?'

"Sasuke are you crazy are what!? You're just going to hand the scroll over to the enemy? No way what wrong with you!?" Naruto shouted.

"Shut up and stay out of it!" Sasuke yelled looking over at Naruto.

"What?" Naruto said confused.

'What is going on here. I should meet up with my teammates, but for some reason, I can't seem to take my focus off of this grass ninja.'

"Very wise. Very sensible," Shiore said. "Sometimes the helpless prey if are to save their skin realize that their only hope is to distract the predator with something even more precious."

"Who are you Shiore and why am I suddenly is drawn to you?" I muttered keeping hidden as I continue to watch this scene unfold in front of me.

"Take it," Sasuke said throwing the scroll towards Shiore.

I then saw a shadow figure jump in the way and catch the scroll. I realize it was Naruto by the chakra signature.

"Stop playing the dang hero!" Sasuke shouted looking at Naruto who was next to him now. "Just stay out of this and leave this me."

My eyes widened for a second in surprise that Naruto just punched Sasuke in the face.

"Stupid fool you don't know what your doing!?" Sasuke said on his knee on a different tree across from Naruto after getting punched in the face.

I looked to see Naruto panting with his hands ball up into a fist. "I may not know the password, but I know who I am. You're the one I'm not so sure about. How do we know your who you say you are."

"What do you mean it's him don't be so stupid," Sakura said.

"What sort of nonsense is this?" Sauske asked. "It's me you loser."

"Lair. You may look like him and may sound like him. But there no way you're the Sasuke I know!"

'He got a point. Sasuke doesn't seem like his cocky self. For once I agree Mr. Loud knucklehead.' I thought looking at Naruto as he continued yelling at Sauske.

"I don't care how tough a fight you been through surrendering giving up the scroll. When did Sasuke become a coward?" He continued."You keep saying I don't understand what going on, but I do you choked that's what!" he finished.

I heard Shiore let out a chuckle. "Sad but true," she said standing up and licking her lips.

"It doesn't matter," she said rolling up her sleeve to reveal a tattoo on her arm. "As far as the scroll goes. I could simply kill you and take it." She biting her finger and wiping blood on her tattoo.

Naruto grabbed a kunai and charged towards the grass ninja."Let's see you try it!" He shouted.

"Don't Naruto no!" Sauske shouted.

Naruto ignored Sasuke and continue to go in for the attack. While the grass ninja then started making hand signs.

I narrowed my eyes as a swirl of wind was created and destroyed the tree. The next thing I knew a huge snake was about to attack Naruto.

"Naruto!" Sakura called out.

'A snake summoning. She has a connection with snakes like me also. Who in the world is this lady?' I thought even more curious about who this person was.

I quickly jumped back to a different tree as the snake broke one of the trees sending bark flying.

'This is starting to look bad. Maybe I should lead them a hand before someone gets hurt.' I thought watching the snake break the branch Naruto was on causing him to fall.

"Enough playing finish him off," she said to the snake.

"Looks like I don't need to help," I said as I saw Naruto punch the snake's head.

'What on earth where the sudden power come from, and his chakra feels different.' I thought watching Naruto punching the snake-like crazy until a blast of fire was blasted at him.

"Sasuke!" Sakura shouted as the snake came charging towards him.

"Hey kid you, not butt are you? You scaredy cat?!" Naruto said stopping the snake from hitting Sasuke.

'His eyes.' I thought looking at Naruto's red color eyes.

"Standing their freighted frozen rabbit! No way your not the Sasuke I know!"

I raised an eyebrow as Naruto was lifted up by a long tongue.

"Hey man! Disgusting put me down before I yank this tongue out your mouth!" Naruto shouted squirming around.

I then noticed her lift up Naruto's shirt and stab her fingers on his stomach.

"Sasuke do something!" Sakura yelled.

Naruto then with limp, before the lady grabbed the scroll and toss him.

"Hang on!" Sakura shouted quickly throwing a kunai at his jacket stopping his fall by hooking him to a tree using it.

Sakura then started yelling at Sauske trying to snap him out of his fear. Which actually worked he seem a lot serious now.

'Who in the world is this grass ninja. She is so powerful and kind of scary. Yet I can't focus myself to leave and meet up with my team. I just need to know who she is.' I thought as a large smoke appear as the snake vanished.

🐍🐍🐍

Hey lovely readers.

I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Don't hesitate to let me know what you think of this story.

Also, don't forget to vote and comment.

Q: What was your favorite part of this chapter?

Q: What do you hope to see happen next while still in the middle of the second exam?

Q: What do you think of my new book cover?

Thanks for reading!