Chapter 61: Tanzaku Town

"Okay, let's go!" Jiraiya shouted as he pointed ahead. Naruto and I stood behind him, holding onto our backpacks staring at him.

"Huh?"I said with a sweatdrop and shook my head at his behavior.

"Seriously, let's go with so much energy…." Naruto muttered."Stop acting like a little kid!" Jiraiya turned to look at the two of us.

"Oh? Someone is in a bad mood," Jiraya acknowledged. I sighed, knowing what was coming. I heard Naruto grumbling about it since we started packing.

"That's because we're in the middle of my training!" Naruto complained."There are three steps to the training, right?! I'm only done with the first two steps!"

I rolled my eyes. He needs to learn to relax once and a while. I don't mind not taking a break to focus on searching for Tsunade. Besides, my chakra still needs to recover.

"You can do the third step eleven while walking," Jiraiya told him. He blew up a balloon, tied it, and gave it to Naruto before blowing up another one."The first step is rotation. The second step is power. And finally, the third step is this." 

Naruto and I kept staring at Jiraiya, holding onto the second balloon, but nothing seemed to be happening, which caused Naruto to yell, getting annoyed."What do you mean by this already!?"

"It looks like I'm simply holding an ordinary balloon, doesn't it?" Jiraiya said.

"What do you mean it looks like? That is all you're doing you, pervy weirdo," Naruto said. 

I sighed, wondering how much longer this would take Jiraiya to explain what was supposed to happen in the last step to Naruto. I just wanted to find Tsunade and go home, nap, and see what Neji was up to. I hope he didn't hate me because of my father.

"Let me try again. Over on my left hand this time," He held up his left hand."Let's see what is really happening inside the balloon." He then created the jutsu from earlier on his left hand.

The chakra in his hand was spinning widely and getting faster but was still perfectly round. I think I understand what the last step is supposed to be that Naruto needs to master.

"It's like a small typhoon," Jiraiya said.

"So what's happening on your left hand, is happening inside the balloon in your right hand too?" Naruto asked.

"I have to say that it is quite impressive that the balloon isn't moving at all or being punctured even with the amount of Chakra spinning within it," I acknowledged.

"Now listen. In the third step, you have to draw up 100% of what you have learned so far. And then maintain it," Jiraya said. "In other words, keep the power and rotation of your chakra at their maximum. First, visualize a thin membrane just inside the balloon. Then compress the chakra inside it."

"Hey, I think I get it now! So their step is about keeping up the power and rotation that I learned, only this time without letting it pop open the balloon!" Naruto shouted.

"Well, you're starting to get the hang of this. Good," Jiraiya said. Naruto grinned, but then it fell off into confusion.

"But what's the point in going through all this trouble?" Naruto asked. Jiraiya threw back the balloon, and Naruto quickly caught it.

"In short, it means this," Jiraiya said as he walked over to a tree."Watch! It's like this up until the second step of the training, "He created the jutsu and pressed it against the tree trunk, making a spiral onto it.

"Woah," Naruto said.

'And I thought my jutsu was overdone on the tree. All I did was knock It out of the ground, but it still looked in perfect condition. Wait, why it was just one tree,' I thought, shaking my head.