Chapter 54: Arriving at Shukuba Town

As we were walking, Naruto wouldn't leave Master Jiraiya alone. 

"Well? Come on, Pervy Sage! I'm on pins and needles. What's this new jutsu you're going to teach me? The last time around, it was the walk-on water jutsu! Ooh, is it walking through fire? Or wait, maybe walking In the air. Aw, come on, Pervy Sage! Let's hear it already!" Naruto rambled on, making Jiraiya and me look at him.

"Alright. Enough with the Pervy Sage already. You have no idea how amazing a guy I am, do you? Jiraya asked.

" Huh, what? Amazing pervy?" Naruto asked.

"Gah! You-alright. Listen up," Jiraya said, annoyed.

Jiraiya ran ahead of us and started to hop on his leg towards the left."The Toad Sage is only my cover. Allow me to reveal my true identity," He began to swig his hair. "From the north to the south and east to the west, not even the spirits can defeat this Sannin. The white-maned toad charmer! A red hot ninja who strikes fear in the hearts of many! Master Jiraiya! Yes, I'm speaking of none other than myself. Hahaha!"

Naruto and I both stared blankly at him after watching what we had just witnessed.

"Uh-huh?" Naruto said and began to walk past him.

Jiraiya just stayed in that odd position he was in. I started to walk towards him and looked up at him for a few moments. 

"For a legendary ninja, you're so embarrassing it's laughable that you were my father's teammate," I said, not seeing how he was on the same team as my father. Who I witnessed to be quite a skilled shinobi. 

***

Naruto walked over to a road sign and attempted to read it.

"Uh, Atafuku town. That's 10 kilometers from here," Naruto said.

'Where in the world did he get Atafuku from. It's an o at the beginning of the name.' I thought while reading the sign then looking at Naruto. 

"No, it's named Otafuku town, kid," Jiraiya said, pulling me out of my thoughts as we continued to walk ahead of Naruto, annoying the soreness in my ribs.

"Oh. Hey, hey, hey!" Naruto yelled, running after us."Wait  for me, Pervy sage and Kai!"

Master Jiraiya stopped and looked back towards him.

"Look, kid. I told you already it's Jiraiya. Come on!" Master Jiraiya said.

"So the fact that such a bigwig Pervy Sage chose Kai and me as his traveling companions must mean something, right? We must be potential geniuses in the making. Aw, man, it's just like I always thought! Come on, come on, come on. Why'd you choose us, huh?" Naruto said, full of so much excitement.

"Well, the truth kid, a long time ago, the Fourth Hokage used to be a disciple of mine. You bear such a striking resemblance to the Fourth it's almost laughable. Sorry, that's the only reason I got for you," Master Jiraiya said."While Kaiya resembles an older friend of mine, plus she is not in good standing with the village at the moment. So I decided to bring her along with me, "He finished and walked past us.

"So wait, I'm like the Fourth? Holy crap!" Naruto shouted and surprised Master Jiraiya. "That's awesome!"Naruto yelled, running ahead.

"Hey, what's up with him?" Jiraiya asked. 

I walked up beside him and sighed. "I have been dealing with his craziness since we were in the same Academy class."

"Hm, you must have quite a bit of patience to put up with him," Jiraiya said, looking at me.