Chapter 41: Puppet Master vs. Bug Ninja

A/N: Sorry if this chapter ends being on the short at the end. Next chapter I will definitely make it longer to make up for that.

Anyway on to the chapter!

***

Everyone was clapping and cheering for Naruto. I heard different people shouting Naruto's name. Naruto had a huge smile on his face as he happily looked at them. I nodded impressed with the match.

"Yeah!" He yelled with his fingers up in a peace sign. He started to run around smiling like his normal goofball self.

"Naruto defeated Neji. Oh, man. I can't believe it. And I thought Naruto was the same as me, one of the dorky, uncool guys," I heard Shikamaru comment.

"Dorky and uncool?" Shino asked.

"Now everyone is saying that he's going to make something big of himself. Just great I doubt I could beat him now. I've never felt so depressed. What a drag," Shikamaru muttered.

"A drag? Is that some kind of catchphrase?" Misumi asked quietly from beside me. I nodded in response.

I turned to see Naruto running up the steps excited.

"Not bad Naruto, you actually won against Neji," I said, giving him a thumbs-up as he walked over towards Shikamaru and Shino.

After a few minutes, the crowd started yelling for the next match to start already.

"That Sasuke, what in the world does he think he is doing forfeiting the match?" Shikamaru asked.

"A wise man never courts danger leading to a wise decision," Shino said on the other side of Naruto.

"Huh, what are you talking about? He's definitely going to be here, believe it," Naruto said as he looked over at the red-headed name Gaara who glared back at him.

"Listen everyone. One of the competitors from the next battle has not arrived yet, so we're going to postpone this match briefly and simply jump a tad to the battle that would have to follow this one," The proctor said.

I heard Naruto let out a sigh of relief. "That's good," Naruto said. The crowd was booing and complaining, wanting to see Sasuke's match.

"Hey, that means that my battle is one match closer now. What a drag!" Shikamaru complained.

"Now onto the next match. So Shino and Kankuro, please come on down," The proctor said. Shino placed his hand on the railing getting ready to go down.

"Alright let's get this over with," Kankuro said with a sigh as he headed down to the arena.

Shino then hopped down from the railing ready for his match.

"Alright let's get this over with," Kankuro said with a sigh as he headed down to the arena.

Shino then hopped down from the railing ready for his match. Kankuro walked to the other side of the arena once he arrived down the stairs.

Shino and Kankuro began having a staredown with each other. While waiting for the match to begin.

"Alright. Now let the next match begin!" The proctor announced.

Shino then brought both of his hands up, getting in a fighting stance, as Kankuro put both hands together and brought them up to his face, closing his eyes.

"This will be interesting, a Puppet master against a bug user," I said watching both Shino and Kankuro both getting into a fighting stance.

"I agree," Misumi said, focusing on the match just as curious as me about who will win.

A swarm of bugs then began to form on both of Shino's arms. While Kankuro quickly began unwrapping the puppet located on his back. Shino's eyes narrowed as he watched the puppet be unwrapped.

"Well here we go, let's see who wins this match," I said as they both got ready to start their match. 

"Well Shino's insects could eat the chakra strings, but a skilled puppet master could easily reattach a new set of chakra strings. So I would say it about an even match," Misumi stated. I nodded in agreement.

'She makes a good point. It is a pretty even match between the two. Shino bugs might be able to eat through the chakra strings, but Kankuro could easily reattach more chakra strings, being a skilled puppet master.'

"I'm from the Aburame Clan of the Leaf Village," Shino said. "When we fight we never underestimate our opponent, no matter how puny they might be.

Kankuro suddenly brings his hand forward, sending his puppets straight towards Shino. Shino quickly jumps back as a metal blade covered in purple liquid shoots out of the puppet leaving a purple stain on the ground.

"Poison on the blade!" Shino said, looking over at the poison on the ground.

"Come on Shino, you can do it!" Naruto yelled cheering for Shino.

Shino gritted his teeth as he looked at the blade sticking into the ground dripping poison. He then turned his head back to face Kankuro who was moving his fingers around.

"I see the puppets have poison on their weapons," I said looking at the poison.

"Makes it even more dangerous," Misumi muttered.

Shino jumped back again, as Kankuro sent the puppet towards him once again. He continued to jump out of the way each time Kankuro tried to attack him.

"I won't let you get away," Kankuro said as he noticed that Shino went into the hole made earlier from Naruto and Neji match earlier to hide.

I narrowed my eyes wondering what he could be planning.

"Come on, Shino, stop hiding!" Naruto yelled.

'What a knucklehead. Unlike you, Naruto, Shino is probably planning something while he is hidden in that hole.' I thought staring at the hole wondering what was going to be Shino's next move.

I then saw Kankuro starting to send the puppet near the hole. Suddenly a kunai was shot into the chest of the puppet, creating a cloud of smoke.

🐍🐍🐍

Hey lovely readers.

I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Don't hesitate to let me know what you think of this chapter.

Also, don't forget to vote and comment.

Q: What do you think of this match so far?

Q: How do you think Kaiya, Misumi, and Aito will handle the invasion?

Thanks for reading like always!