Chapter 58: Earth Style Justu training

We were now standing in a grassy area with a big bag of water balloons.

"Alright. It's finally time to get down to business," Naruto said as he shook back and forth in excitement.

I shrugged; I couldn't judge him for that. I was excited when I learned my father would help me train for the Chunin exams.

"Here! Have a water balloon, Naruto," Jiraiya said, throwing a water balloon at Naruto. Naruto caught it while I looked at him curiously, wondering what he had planned for me. "I have something different in mind for you, Kaiya. Anyway, Naruto, you saw the jutsu I used earlier, right?"

"Yes," Naruto said.

"What did the jutsu look like to you?" Jiraiya asked.

"It looked like you made your opponent spin violently," Naruto said.

"Good. Spinning there you go," Jiraiya said as he held a balloon, and the water in it was poking out. He was spinning the water around in the balloon until it popped.

"Woah!" Naruto shouted. I nodded. That was quite impressive, but I would rather do something cool with the water instead of this jutsu with this water balloon.

"With the tree-climbing exercise, you learn to gather and maintain chakra. With the water walking exercise, you learned to release it steadily. Both of these you mastered, correct? With the water balloon exercise, you'll learn to create a stream of chakra as you put it spinning."

"We're supposed to create a stream of chakra?" Naruto asked.

"Don't worry. I'll detail how the jutsu works once you've gotten a handle on the basics. First, gather the chakra in your hand using the tree climbing technique. Then release a steady stream of it utilizing the walk-on-water technique. And finally, use the chakra push and churn the water inside of the balloon." 

"I get it, dattebayo!" Naruto shouted."Then you spin the water in the balloon faster and faster until the balloon pops, right?"

"Attaboy! You are starting to catch on quicker," Jiraiya said."Kaiya, I want you to find a spot away from Naruto and work on making an earth jutsu by pouring chakra into the ground. We're going to train until the sun goes down, and remember Kaiya, stop if it gets too much you still have some healing to do."

He nodded while looking at me, confused, probably wondering what Jiraiya was talking about. Before shaking it off and focusing back on the training. When he noticed, I was walking off to find an excellent spot to work at.

"Yes, sir!" Naruto said.

I closed my eyes and began building up chakra in my hand as I placed my hands on the ground, trying to create an earth-style jutsu. While Naruto was holding a water balloon, trying to spin it.

"Any second now! Look, the waters are spinning! It will be even easier than I thought to get this balloon to burst!" Naruto yelled, making it hard to focus. 

"Good, both of you. Let me know when you're done. Are you've made some progress," he said, the latter directed at me since my training will probably take longer."Meanwhile, I'll just get comfortable. It's time for a bit of a break," Jiraiya said as he took out a Drink and sat against a tree.