Chapter 62: Meeting Tsunade

We stood on the top of a building, looking at the broken castle.

"W-What the heck happened? It's like a typhoon hit it," Naruto said.

"Yeah," Jiraiya agreed. 

I turned when I heard someone screaming and many locals running down the streets.

"Run! Run for your lives!" A man yelled from the crowd of people running underneath us.

"Hey, you there!" Jiraiya yelled, getting the man's attention."What's going on? Tell me, what are you running from?"He asked.

"If you're smart, you'll run too! There's a monster up there!" The guy yelled.

"A monster?" Naruto and I asked with confused expressions on our faces.

"Now, just calm down. What kind of monster? What do you mean?" Jiraiya asked.

"A snake! A huge snake! It crushed the castle without even trying." The guy yelled.

 My eyes widened for a second. A snake… no, it couldn't be my father. I wasn't ready to encounter him, especially not while with Naruto. I wasn't sure how he would react If he found out that I'm related to the man who killed the third hokage.

"Well, I'm out of here!" The guy yelled as he began to run off.

"Wait. How giant a snake? Hey, our village was attacked by one too. Wait! Don't go. I know something about giant snakes!" Naruto shouted.

"Come on, Naruto and Kaiya," Jiraiya said seriously."This could be the same snake. I want a closer look at this monster," He said. 

I narrowed my eyes, wondering if it really was my father's handwork. We rushed across the building rooftop when Jiraiya suddenly jumped off. We jumped after him and looked at the broken wall.

"Looks like we're too late," Jiraiya said.

Naruto and I ran up to the broken wall and stared at the damage that was done to it.

"Did the snake do this too?" Naruto asked. 

"Let's go," Jiraiya said.

"Huh?" Naruto said, looking up at him.

"We're not going to find Tsunade here," Jiraiya said, walking away from the rumble on the ground.

"Not again, I was hoping you'd forgotten about her," Naruto said, and we ran after Jiraiya.

***

"This is ridiculous; she's nowhere to be found!" Naruto complained as he, I, and Jiraiya walked down the street later that evening. "Dragging us around here and there, but after all this walking, we haven't found a single trace of this woman!" We continued to ignore his grumbling. I was too tired and hungry to bother listening to his complaining.

"Hmm?" Jiraiya said as we stopped next to a tavern."Well, in the meantime, well, get a bite to eat here," Jiraiya said. I sighed, not wanting to deal with drunk people. 

"Huh?" Naruto said, turning to look at the place."Isn't this a tavern!?"

Jiraya looked at him questionly. "Yeah, also what?" He asked.

"Are you trying to be a bad influence on us? I've told so many times I'm still underage, and so is Kaiya!" Naruto shouted.

"You fool," Jiraiya said. "Nobody is asking you two to drink! Just have a snack and stay out of the grown-ups way." He walked inside, and I followed Naruto in the back as he continued to complain.