Chapter 53: The journey with Master Jiraya and a Kucklehead

Kaiya's POV

After Kimiko ran a few tests checking how well I walked and moved. She gave me a brown bottle containing my pain medication and told me to take two every four only If necessary. Once that was explained, she said I was free to leave and that Jiraya had already checked me out.

"Alright, did he say what time he wants me at the village gate?" I asked.

"He said to meet up with him at the gate in about an hour. He still has to go get Naruto, who will also be coming with him as well," She replied.

'So not only am I traveling with this goofy pervert but also a loud Knucklehead.' I thought while slowly getting up from the hospital bed.

"I see. Then I  better get changed and ready to head on home," I said, looking over at the closet where my clothes were being kept.

"Yes, of course," She said, walking towards the door. "Be careful on your journey with Master Jiraiya. When you get back, I want to see you fully healed and not even more injured."

"I will be careful. Thanks for taking care of me," I replied as Kimiko opened the door.

"You're welcome," She said with a smile before exiting the room.

I let out a sigh as I walked over towards the closest and grabbed the outfit. That was hanging up in the closet. It was the outfit I was wearing for Chunin exams which is my usual ninja outfit.

"Well, I better get going now," I said to myself, shutting the closet and putting my pill bottle in my ninja pouch. "I need to get home and pack and tell Kurenai that I will be leaving for a while with someone," I muttered as I walked out of the hospital room.

***

When I arrived back at the house where I lived with Kurenai, I noticed that the place was extremely quiet.

"Kurenai must either still be asleep, or she went out," I said, checking to see if she was in the kitchen. 

When I didn't see her in the kitchen, I decided to head on upstairs and check to see if she was still in her room sleeping. I opened the door slowly, not wanting to wake her up in case she was still sleeping.

'She doesn't seem to be in her room. So she must have gone out somewhere. Guess I will just leave her a note before I leave to meet up with Jiraya.' I thought about closing her bedroom door and heading off to my room to pack.

***

When I arrived at my bedroom, the first thing I grabbed was a black and white backpack. That was sitting next to my desk, where I kept my books and scrolls for studying.

"Now, time to start packing," I said, walking over towards my closet to grab some extra clothes to wear.

I ended up packing some pajamas. My regular everyday clothes and a recent outfit I bought were for training and going on missions. 

'I think I might change out of what I put on and wash up real fast before finishing up my packing.' I thought while grabbing my new outfit and heading to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

After taking a quick shower doing my best to make my bruised ribs any worse than they are now, I came out of the bathroom wearing a dark purple kimono along with a pair of black pants and my usual pair of ninja sandals.

Once I was dressed and changed. I pack the scrolls with some new Justus. I have been thinking about working on them at some point. I should be fully healed in about a week or at least well enough to start training again.

'Now to leave a note for Kurenai.' I thought as I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote a note for Kurenai. Telling her, I would be gone for a while to travel with Master Jiraiya.

When I finished writing the note, I grabbed my bag and put it on my back before heading downstairs and leaving the message somewhere Kurenai could quickly find it. Before heading out to meet up with Master Jiraiya and Naruto.

***

I was heading towards the gate to meet up with Jiraiya and Naruto when I heard a  loud voice that I quickly recognized.

"What? Aw, no way! How come I get stuck tagging along with you while you research another one of your pervy books?" Naruto asked.

"Loud, as usual, I  see Naruto," I said, making Jiraiya and Naruto turn in my direction.

"Kai?" Naruto said, confused.

 "Hey, Knucklehead."

"See, you made it, kid," Jiraya said. "Look, blondie, I can assure you this isn't just another research trip. There's a woman I have to find. A very remarkable woman.

"You mean you're dragging Kai along as well," Naruto said, even more confused. 

"Problem?" I asked.

"Nope," He replied. "Anyway, count me out, old man. I don't have time to help you find a girlfriend. I've to get busy with my training,” he said.

"What training?" Jiraya asked. 

"It's about time Kakashi-sensei taught me something new, like the Chidori," Naruto said.

"I see. Hm, you will just be wasting your time. Chidori's not your style. And besides that, the woman we're looking for is gorgeous. I mean gorgeous." 

'Geez, this man talks about the fifth hokage like he wants to date her. He is so strange compared to my father.' 

"Like I care. Look, Pervy age, who do you think you're talking to? I'm not some dumb kid you can fool with a lame excuse. I'm not going!" Naruto shouted.

"Oh, stop complaining. It might not even be that bad," I said, shrugging my shoulders. Jiraya stood up from being bent down at our level, before turning to face me.

"Okay, fine, suit yourself. I would teach a jutsu that makes Chidori look like kid stuff, but I guess I just teach Kaiya instead once she is healed enough. Maybe I'll even see if Sasuke wants to join," Jiraya said as we walked away from Naruto.

Naruto started to run at us and stopped in front of us. "Right! When do we leave?" Naruto said as he ran off." I'll go pack my bag. Stay right there, Pervy Sage and Kaiya. I'll be right back! Don't move!" Naruto yelled as he ran.

Pervy Sage sighed. "What a knucklehead. Still, you can't stop from liking him."

"True, he is a loud knucklehead, but he is a good friend, I guess," I said in agreement as we waited for Naruto to come back.

***

We now stood by the village entrance gate. Naruto was tying his shoe as we waited for him to be ready to go.

"Alright, I'm ready," He said, standing up and fixing his headband.

He put his backpack on but couldn't pick it up off the ground. His bag was more prominent than he was. He had overpacked.

"Let's move out!" He yelled.

"You uh don't think you might have overdone it? You do realize we're not going on a trip around the world, right?" Jiraiya asked.

Naruto continued to try to move forward, but he couldn't do it with his oversized backpack. I sighed and shook my head.

"Such a foolish knucklehead," I muttered, rolling my golden snake eyes.

🐍🐍🐍

Hey wonderful readers!

I hope you enjoy this chapter.

As always, don't hesitate to let me know what you think of this chapter.

Also, don't forget to vote and comment.

Q: What are you looking forward to seeing during the Tsunade arc?

Like always, thanks for reading!