Chapter 68 : Kaiya's Tough decsion

I opened my eyes and was greeted by familiar copper red hair and violet eyes stareing at me. I recognize the hair and eye belonging to Kimiko Uzumaki.

"Ah, you're awake," Kimiko said, wrapping a bandage around my neck.

'How did I get here? The last thing I remember is Kabuto saying sorry after knocking me out.' I thought as I watched Kimiko tighten up the bandage around my neck.

"Um, how did I get here?" I asked, confused.

"Master Jiraiya dropped you off once he got back to the village," she replied as she was done tightening the bandage.

"I see," I said.

"Lady Tsunade wanted to talk to you," Kimiko said."I will let her know that you're awake. My nephew as well, he has something to say after the talk we had early," She said, walking out of my hospital room.

'Her nephew? Kimiko Uzumaki is her name. Wait, does she mean Naruto. I thought he didn't have any family.' I thought, looking out the window, wondering what happened to father and Kabuto.

"Oh father, what can I do to make you happy again," I whispered.

I then heard the sound of footsteps coming towards my room. I sighed, wondering what my aunt Tsunade wanted to talk to about recognizing the footsteps as hers by the sound of clicking heels.

"Hello Kaiya, good afternoon," Tsunade said, opening the door and walking inside my hospital room.

"I was told you wanted to talk with me," I said, turning to face her from my position in my bed.

"Yes," Tsunade replied.

"Go ahead then," I said. "After all, I can't run away at the moment with a pain in my neck," I muttered.

"I know you heard this before," Tsunade started, and I sighed, having a feeling I knew what she was about to say next. "The elders and villagers don't trust you."

"Yeah, I know the old pervert told me that before he dragged me along with him," I replied. "He also mentioned when they got a new hokage; my faith would be decided. So go ahead, tell me what you are planning to do with me."

"Depending on your answer to my question, decides your faith," Tsunade said. "So answer me honestly about why we're trying to stop the fight with your father and Kabuto."

I sighed and looked at the necklace on the stand next to a bowl with rice in it, which must have been lunch for me to eat when I woke up. I guess it was taken off to wrap up my neck.

"I know he is seen to you as an enemy, but when I first graduated, Kurenai gave me a scroll that was left with me as a baby," I started. "When I opened it, it was a dying message from my mother. She wanted me to love my father no matter what. At first, I didn't know what to do. So I asked him why he left the  crimes to the village to know  if I should hate him or love him."

"And what was his answer?" Tsunade asked.

"He told me it was because the village didn't understand the possibility of making ourselves stronger with his research, but his eyes told me he was lying," I began.  I saw the anger and sadness in his eyes. It might have been hard to see, and he seemed emotionless; however, the feeling of his charka gave it away. I decided I cared about him and wanted him to be happy. I hope he would stop the fight and let go of his anger," I finished.

Tsunade sighed. "I won't put you on Anbu watch like some of the council want. Why the elders think you should be under the guidance of the root foundation," She said. "However, I believe that it best you give up trying to change your father. His anger for the village won't change. He is completely lost in the darkness, and if my sister was alive, I'm sure she would understand that you couldn't keep her final wish.