Chapter 65: Orochimaru's offer

"Kaiya, wake up. Where are we?" A blurry voice asked, shaking me.

I groaned as I shifted in my sleep, getting more comfortable trying to tune out the voice.

"Get up already!" The voice said louder as they continued to shake me.

"What?" I asked groggily as I began to open my eyes. 

I narrowed my eyes as I spotted a slightly blurry figure standing in front of me.

 "Huh? Naruto?" I said, confused as the figure became clear. I looked around and saw Shizune on one of the beds, and realized I had fallen asleep in Shizune and Tsunade's room.

"Oh, I was heading back to the room after dinner. I saw Shizune carrying and heard you collapse from exhaustion, and then Shizune and Tsunade arguing," I replied.

"Huh? When did that happen?" Naruto asked." Also, it doesn't explain why you are sleeping in a chair." He said.

"I don't know whenever you pass out," I said, rolling my eyes at him, pretending he hadn't been ignoring me. "I just fell asleep looking at the moon. Now, why don't you go ask Shizune?"

"Geez, somebody in a bad mood," Naruto said as he walked over to Shizune.

'For a guy who seems nice. He is a jerk being mad at me for something I can't control. I didn't choose my father, and so what if I still care about him even after what he did.' I thought, standing up and stretching my arms.

"Hey, where are we?" Naruto asked, shaking Shizune awake.

"Naruto…?" She gasped and sat up.

"Oh no! What time is it? No, what day is it?" Shizuka asked frantically.

"It's Monday morning," Naruto said, confused.

Shizune looked surprised and sat up completely.

"Why? What is it?" Naruto asked.

"It's fantastic? You were supposed to be out of it for two full days at least," Shizune said.

"Not a chance. No matter how beat up I get, just give me a good night's sleep, and I'm right back at the top of my game. Besides, I've got a date to keep with that rotten old witch. Today's the day I wipe that smirk off her face," Naruto said, smiling.

"So you mastered the jutsu?" Shizune asked.

"Uh, no, not completely,  but close enough. So I'll just wing it. I will be fine," Naruto said. 

Shizune started to laugh but grunted and held her stomach. I got up from the chair and walked over to them. Shizune stood up quickly and looked out of the window. 

"Stay here. Do you hear me? Stay here," She said.

She opened the window, and a kunai went flying towards her head.

"What in the world?" Shizune said, confused.

I raised an eyebrow, wondering where that kunai came from.

"What is it?" Naruto asked as we both rushed towards the window.

We opened the window to see Jiraiya in not so good shape. He was breathing heavily and pointed towards us.

"She slipped me a mickey," he said.

***

"That double-crossing little vixen. She must have spiked my drink when I wasn't looking. I can't build up any charka. My body is too weak. I don't think I can even throw a kunai straight," Jiraiya said.

"Great, Pervy sage. And you're always going on about what a great ninja you are. What? Did you get distracted by her pretty face!" Naruto shouted.

"Shut up! She possesses a healer knowledge of herbs and sliders. I should have known better," Jiraiya said."Only Tsunade could whip up a knockout drug that even a ninja couldn't detect. But still, to be caught off guard like that, I must be losing my touch."

 We gave him multiple cups of water. He was chugging each glass, and some would run down his face.

"Are you feeling better now, Master Jiraiya?" Shizune asked.

"I suppose so, compared to how I felt before. I'm back to maybe 30 percent," Jiraiya said as Shizune was pouring him another glass.

I suddenly felt a familiar presence nearby and turned my head towards the direction I felt it come from. However, I didn't see anyone, and the presence seemed to have vanished. When I turned back around, I noticed that Jiraiya seemed to sense it too.

"Okay, Shizune," Jiraiya said.

"Yes. What is it?" Shizune asked.

"It's about time you told us about your mistress and Orochimaru. What kind of deal are they making?" He asked.

My eyes widened, and I turned to look at Shizune. I have been thinking about my father and wondering why he was looking for Tsunade, but part of me wasn't ready to see him again yet.

"Orochimaru," Naruto said, looking at them and then slightly at me. I sighed, still not understanding why he was so mad at me. I wasn't the one who killed the hokage.

"I never imagined she would go through with it. That's why I- I didn't say anything about it before. But now, there's no time to lose," She stood up."It would be best if you came with me quickly. I will explain on the way," Shizune said. 

"Let's go then," Jiraiya said.

"Don't forget us. We're coming too!" Narutooo shouted, grabbing my arm and pulling me along with him." No objections, the bastard is your father, so you're coming!"

'You know what, when this is all over. I really want nothing to do with this knucklehead attitude. ' I thought as Naruto was dragging me along.

***

"You can't be serious. The answer has to be no. At least it better be," Naruto said after Shizune explained how my father offered to somehow bring back Tsunade's lover Dan and her younger brother Nawaki from the dead only if she healed his arms that had been injured while fighting the third Hokage.

We were rushing through the forest toward the fortress where the destroyed castle was. At least I now understand why my father was here for Tsunade.

"As soon as his arms are healed. Orochimaru is planning to destroy the Leaf Village," Shizune said.

"And trust me, he'll do far more than that if we don't manage to stop him somehow," Jiraiya stated.

"Who does this creep think he is!?" Naruto growled.

'Father, even if I could prove Danzo used you and that there is some good in you.  Would you even want to come back home to a village you hate so much?' I thought as I briefly looked at the necklace around my neck.

🐍🐍🐍

Hey wonderful readers!

I hope that you all enjoy this chapter. Like always, don't hesitate to let me know what you think of the chapter.

Also, don't forget to vote if you like the chapter.

Q: How do you think Kaiya will handle the upcoming fight with Kabuto and her father, Orochimaru?

Q: How many of you think I should do filler arc's before the Sasuke retrieval and the ending of this story?

Also, thanks to everyone who has consistently supported me by reading and voting on each chapter of this story.