Chapter 44 : Fighting style of a Wolf

Misumi's eyes widened slightly as Aoi was running at with incredible speed in her wolf form. However, that didn't phase her for long.

She quickly jumped as Aoi aimed a strike at her face, and missed her slide on the floor using her claws to regain her balance.

"You might have avoided the first time but you won't avoid this time," Aoi growled, charging at Misumi with even more speed than before.

Everyone in the crowd was watching with surprise at how fast Aoi was in that form.

"She's so fast!" Naruto yelled.

"Shocking since wolves aren't that fast. Sure they're fast but nothing like the speed she is showing," Kaiya muttered more to herself than Naruto's comment.

'Wow. I have to admit that she is pretty fast when she is in that form. It must be an effect of her kekkei genkai.' Misumi thought, watching her opponent coming towards her and barely avoiding the incoming strikes.

'She is pretty skilled at avoiding my strikes so far. I admit that is pretty impressive since this form increases my usual speed. Though I doubt she can handle my next move.' Aoi thought, narrowed as she backed away from Misumi.

Aoi opened her mouth and launched a ball of fire towards Misumi. Her eyes widened slightly, not expecting her to be able to release jutsu In that form. She quickly snapped out of her surprise and spun around deflecting the ball of fire with her water rotating shield.

“Impressive! She can still use jutsu, even though she transformed into a wolf," Shikamaru commented.

"Come on Misumi, show this girl what you are made of!" Aito cheered, pumping his fist into the air. Rooting for Misumi to win the match against Aoi.

"Oh shut up this is over," Aoi said, running towards Misumi with more incredible speed than before. She jumped into the air and aimed a strike towards Misumi.

"Water Style: Twin Talons!" Misumi said to herself as she surrounded her hands with water creating bird talons and striked Aoi in the face sending her flying back.

Aoi slid across the ground and groaned as her body turned back into her human form. She stood up touching her knees panting from exhaustion.

'Dang, it looks like the effects of my kekkei genkai are starting to kick in now.' Aoi thought as she slowly stood up. 

"I have to finish this now," She muttered.

"Hey, she's back to normal!" Naruto shouted.

"The side effect of her kekkei genkai must be kicking in now," Kaiya stated, keeping her eyes glued to the match in front of her.

"Side effects?" Naruto said confused as usual.

"The kekkei genkai not only transforms one into a wolf," Kaiya started. "It allows you to have the abilities of a wolf. However, it causes the person to become exhausted and low on energy. She reached her limit so she is back to normal," She explained.

"Oh, I get it now," Naruto said. 

"You're so clueless," Shikamaru said with a sigh. "What a drag it should have been obvious as to what she meant by side effect."

"Looks like you reach the end of your rope," Misumi commented with a smirk.

"I might be reaching my limit but this is not over yet," Aoi said, completely standing up now.

"We see about that."

Aoi then started making hand signs. Misumi narrowed her eyes wondering what her next move was about to be. 

"Earth Style: Mud Fist!" Aoi said as charged at Misumi as her fist turned into hard mud aiming for Misumi's face.

Misumi dodged the incoming fist and brought her hand up and striked Aoi in the stomach, sending her crashing to the ground. She groaned trying to get back up.

"The winner is Misumi Hyuga," Genma, the proctor said, seeing that Aoi was unable to continue the match.

The crowd started clapping; they all had enjoyed the match against the two. Both of them show interesting fighting styles.

"Great job Misumi you did it!" Aito cheered, clapping his hands. Happy that his best friend and rival won her match.

Misumi watched the medics take off with Aoi to get her healed up. She then headed up the steps to watch the next match. Now that her match is over until the next round of the tournament.

Kaiya looked around noticing that Sasuke still wasn't back, which means her match was the next one up. She looked over towards the purple hair guy farther down near the Sand Ninja who had a bored look on her face. 

"Something the matter Kai?" Naruto asked.

"Nope," She replied, focusing her attention on Genma.

"Because the opponent is still absent, we must move on to the next match," Genma announced.

The crowd started to yell angrily, wanting to see the Sasuke match next. Kaiya sighed, annoyed by the crowd complaining as it will hurt them to just wait for a little longer for Sasuke's match.

"So will Kaiya Senju and Kaiyo Ronbun please come on down!" Genma announced.

"You know if you don't want to see me fight then I won-" She trailed off as she noticed the Kazekage looking at her almost like he was telling her not to quit.

Kaiya nodded her understanding not knowing why the Kazekage wanted to see her match but was going to fight anyway so she began walking down the stairs. While Kaiyo glared and jumped down ready to fight.

"You can do this Kai!" Naruto shouted.

"Good luck Kaiya!" Aito shouted as Ichiro pulled up next to him in his wheelchair.

"Alright, you two ready?" Genma asked as Kaiya walked to her side of the arena.

"Yes," Kaiya said. 

"Of course," Kaiyo said with a glare.

'Excellent finally my daughter's time to shine.' The Kazekage thought looking down at the match about to start.

"Alright then begin!" Genma said starting the match.

🐍🐍🐍

Hey lovely readers.

I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Don't hesitate to let me know what you think of this chapter.

Also, don't forget to vote and comment.

Q: What did you think Misumi match?

Q: Who is looking forward to the next match?

Thanks for reading like always!