Chapter 48: Sasuke vs. Gaara

I arrived back where the crowd and everyone who already fought was sitting or standing waiting for the next match to begin. I walked over towards Aito where I saw an empty seat next to him and Ichiro's wheelchair.

"Hey Aito and Ichiro," I said, taking a seat in the empty seat. "Where is Misumi?  I don't see her anywhere."

"Hi Kaiya great match, and she went to see her brother," Aito replied.

"She should hopefully be back soon. The match is about to start," Ichiro said.

I nodded glad I made it back up in time to watch the upcoming match between Sasuke and Gaara. While wondering If Naruto and Shikamaru broke out, they were shocked seeing Gaara kill those guys.

"Alright, the rules for this match are the same as in the preliminaries. The match continues until one if you lose or admit defeat. However, can stop the match, but that's solely my decision," Genma said. Gaara started to laugh while he stared at Sasuke.

"Both of you to the middle," Genma said. 

Sasuke rolled his neck a bit and walked forward. Gaara stood there and relaxed walking forward. After standing there for a few seconds, Genma threw his hand down. "Begin!" He jumped back to let them fight.

Sand started to come out of Gaara gourd and Sasuke jumped back. Randomly Gaara rested his head in his hands and groaned in pain. "Please, I beg you. Don't get mad at me mother," Gaara said randomly. 

'Mother? Where did that come from?'

The sand slowly came towards Sasuke. "Earlier, I know. I made you taste such awful blood. I am so sorry, but this time I'm sure that it will taste very good."

I shook my head confused wondering what was going on with Gaara. I then looked over at Aito and Ichiro seeing they were just as confused as me. Gaara groaned harder and all the sand fell to the floor. He slouched down and stopped trembling. He looked back up at Sasuke. "Come on."

Gaara's sand began to rise again.

 "Here it goes," Sasuke said as he took out some shuriken. 

He threw them at Gaara but it was blocked by the sand. The sand shield then became a sand clone that caught the shurikens. Sasuke then ran towards Gaara and a huge amount of sand went flying towards him. He jumped up quickly dodging the sand. The clone threw the shuriken it caught, making Sasuke countered back by throwing some and canceling each other out.

"So far this match is off to a good start," Aito commented.

"I agree but still too early to decide who will win the match," Ichiro stated. I nodded as I kept my attention on the match.

Sasuke went falling towards the sand clone and kicked his hand apart. He flipped and slid on his hand. He turned around and punched the clone right in the neck. His hand went in the neck and got trapped by the sand. Sasuke quickly realized that and smacked the head of the clone causing it to disappear.

Sasuke ran towards Gaara again with his fist ready to punch. The sand shielded Gaara like usual, but Sasuke moved so fast that I barely saw him move. I admit his speed has picked up like mine.

'I will say though I still have to work on my speed. If I want to outspeed my father and beat him in a match.' I wondered what my father was up to. It has been a while since we last contacted each other.

Shaking my head I turned my attention back to the match. When Sasuke appeared behind Gaara, making Gaara turn his head quickly. Sasuke punched him right in the face and caused him to fly back. Gaara sat up and his armor was cracked where he got hit. "So that's your sand armor, huh? Come on," Sasuke said, gesturing to him.

"You know his moves seem just like Lee's moves. He was gone from all the fights so he couldn't have copied them," Aito stated. "Well guess it doesn't matter how he does those moves. Just the fact of landing some hits on Gaara."

I nodded in agreement.

"If you won't do it, then I will," Sasuke said and started to run at Gaara.

Gaara quickly put up his shield of sand but Sasuke disappeared and appeared behind him again. Gaara followed him with his sand, but Sasuke was faster than him. He kicked Gaara right in the chest causing him to fly back, but his sand cushions his fall. "What's the matter, Gaara? Is that all you got!" Sasuke asked.

Gaara stood back up and looked down. 

Sasuke put his leg down and got in his stance. "I'm going to tear off all your armor." 

Sasuke then ran at Gaara again. He then started to run in a big circle around him. Gaara formed a circle around himself with the sand, but Sasuke rolled underneath and kicked him back. Sasuke grabbed his clothes and kneed him in the chest. 

I then noticed that Sasuke was breathing heavily. While Gaara was on the floor on his knees breathing heavily. Gaara got up and they both stood staring at each other.

Gaara put his hands up in a sign. Sand started to rise around him and slowly started to make a sphere around him. It looks like he was creating some kind of ball around himself like a caterpillar making a crystalists when it is about to become a butterfly.

Sasuke ran towards Gaara and tried to punch the hardening sand slowly surrounding Gaara. Large spikes came at Sasuke when he hit it. He was breathing heavily as he stared at them. 

He jumped back and I noticed that hand was bleeding. The spikes from the ball retreated back. Sasuke stood back staring at it while breathing heavily. Looking more closely at him I noticed blood running down his leg from within his shorts.

"So, he used all the sand as a shield. Because of the density of the sand, I didn't think he could create something this hard. So he is absolutely protected," Sasuke said, his hand twitching a bit as it bled.

I narrowed my eyes slightly as I heard what sounded like Naruto's voice, but didn't seem nearby so he was being loud somewhere else. At least it means he won't be bothering me during this match. 

Suddenly my attention was drawn back to the match as the sand started to appear in the air. I raised an eyebrow as it took the shape of an eyeball.

'What is going on with that random eyeball?'

🐍🐍🐍

Hey lovely readers.

I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Don't hesitate to let me know what you think of this chapter.

Also, don't forget to vote and comment.

Q: How do you think Kaiya will handle her father's attack on the Hidden Leaf Village?

Q: What was your favorite match of the Chuinin exams?

Thanks for reading like always!