Chapter 60: The Search for Tsunade continues

Naruto looked at his hand, confused. Jiraiya started to unwrap the handguards on his hands. He lifted his hand and showed that he had the same sign on his hand.

"Take a look," Jiraiya said.

"It's the same mark. I don't get it. How is that supposed to help?" Naruto asked.

"You're the kind of kid who got yelled at in the academy for lack of concentration, aren't you?" Jiraiya said.

"Yeah, but I don't see what that has to do with this," Naruto said.

I watched as Jiraiya took out a blank piece of paper.

"Look at this piece of paper," Jiraiya said.

"Hm?" Naruto said, confused.

"I've seen it," Naruto said.

"Alright. Now, if you will, give it a second look." Jiraiya showed him the paper again, and it had a mark in the middle this time.

"What am I looking at?" Naruto asked.

"Well, I don't think it will help if I explain too much right away. But the first time you looked at this paper, your eyes just glanced at the whole thing, am I right?" Jiraiya asked.

"Probably," Naruto said, and I nodded, understanding what he was trying to tell Naruto.

"And what about the second time you looked? Most likely, the point in the middle?" Jiraiya said. "When a human being looks at just a blank piece of paper, they don't know where to look, so their eyes wander. But if you put even a single point onto it, the mind focuses there... This is concentrating on a single point, and as you focus your mind, you become spiritually sat ale, and you can extract unimaginable power."

"For a fool, you're surprisingly smart," I acknowledged as I stood with my arms crossed, wondering why he wanted me over here.

"Anyway," Jiraiya pressed on, deciding to ignore me."When you opened a hole in the rubber ball, you must have been concentrating desperately to gather up the chakra in your hand, "Jiraiya said.

"Uh, yeah, that's right!" Naruto said.

"When you concentrate, you draw out power. But without some target, concentration can be difficult hence that mark. Now listen up. From now on, when you store chakra in your right hand, make sure that you only concentrate only on that mark."

Naruto looked at the mark on his hand."Concentrate," Naruto muttered. He made his hand into a fist."Alright! I guess I can handle that!" Naruto said, smiling.

"Now, as for you, Kaiya, come with me for a few minutes," Jiraiya said, signaling for me to follow him deeper into the forest.

***

I followed him into the forest as we stopped near a beautiful river.

"So why did you bring me here?" I asked.

"It's about your training," He replied."You seem to have the idea of your jutsu purpose, but you seem to lose focus when you get close to testing it out on your target. What appears to be the problem?" He asked.

"I don't know. It has just always been my dream to meet my parents, and ever since meeting my father, I can't get him out of my head. I know that I probably should since he is a criminal, but all I want is to be able to have a relationship with him," I replied, looking down in the river.

"Well, that's understandable. It's natural for a child to want to spend time with their parents," Jiraiya said."Sadly if he comes back to the village, he would get locked up in jail or worse."