Chapter 37: Neji Respect

Kaiya's P.O.V

Today was four days away before the final rounds of the Chunin exams. The couple weeks of my training were spent learning medical justu under Kabuto. Since my father said he was busy with something he needed to take care of. So he had Kabuto his assistant or what he was to him train me.

Since it was four days before the final rounds. Father sent one of his snakes messaging me saying that I could have the last few days off for myself.

So I was currently in my room getting dressed and ready for the day. While thinking about what I wanted to do today on my day off.

"Alright time to go out and start my day after grabbing something to eat," I said heading on downstairs.

***

After eating my breakfast which was a bowl of steamed rice. I was walking through thinking about how I should my time off from training.

'Let's see what kind of activity could I do today. Since I was told to have the last few days off. So I'm rested and ready for the final matches.' I thought trying to figure out what to do today.

I was lost in my thoughts that I wasn't watching where I was going that I ended up bumping into someone.

"Sorry," I said apologizing to the person I bumped into.

"Seriously how do we keep bumping into each other," A familiar voice said.

I looked up to see none other than Neji Hyuga my boyfriend.

"My bad Neji got lost in my thoughts that wasn't paying attention," I said.

"You seem to do that lately," Neji said.

"Yeah," I said."Anyway, what are you up to today?" I asked.

"I'm just on my way to meet up with Guy-sensei and Tenten and continue my training for my match," Neji said. "Even though my opponent is density to lose. His density was chosen the moment he was matched against me."

'Him and his destiny talk. He seriously needs to realize that people make their own destiny.'

"Neji today I'm supposed to my day off, and I shouldn't being challenging you to fight," I said. "Yet it seems like someone needs to teach that nobody's destiny is determined."

"Don't be foolish Kaiya. You might be my sister teammate, but you don't stand a chance against me," Neji said starting to walk away.

"If that true why don't we head to the training grounds and fight right now," I said. "Unless you're too scared to fight me."

"You are on let's go," Neji said.

"Right, I said following after him.

***

When we arrived at the training ground. Neji got positioned in the familiar Hyuga stance with a smirk on his face.

"We might be dating but you still don't stand a chance against me," He said activating his Byakugan.

"Is that what you really think?" I asked getting in my own stance. "You what it doesn't matter because I'm going to prove you wrong."

His smirk widened before he attacked. I managed to dodge the first strike jumping back avoiding close combat. I watch Neji about to close the gap but I quickly jump in the air throwing kunai at Neji.

Which he deflected with by spinning around and creating a blue sphere. I smirked making hand signs deciding to try out one of my new justu.

I felt my body shift into the ground and appeared behind Neji tackling him to the ground. "Looks like I got you," I said holding a kunai to his neck.

He smirked at me before he deactivated his Byakugan. "That justu what was it?" He asked. I got up and helped him up.

"It called the Hiding in Surface Technique. It a new justu. I learned during my training for the final rounds," I said rubbing my fingers against my necklace.

Neji nodded. "You prove me wrong. You are stronger than I gave you credit," he said.

I blushed at his compliment. "Thanks, glad I could show you that nobody's destiny is determined."

"I wouldn't say that but will say that I shouldn't haven't have disrespected you."

'He still might not have not changed his belief of destiny, but at least he acknowledged my strength.h

"I forgive you any way you better go meet up with your sensei and teammate."

"Yeah see you later," Neji said walking off to meet with his sensei and teammates for training.

***

I was heading to Ichiraku ramen to get something to eat. Since I was now pretty hungry after my match against Neji.

"Alright, i'm going to eat!" A familiar voice shouted.

I looked to see Naruto and a man with long hair sitting at Ichiraku ramen eating ramen.

"Hello, mister can I have a bowl of ramen with rabbit meat and extra eggs," I said talking a sit next to Naruto.

"Of course coming right up," Mister Teuchi said.

"Hey, Kaiya!" Naruto shouted.

"Hi, Naruto," I said with a sigh knowing this whole meal was going to be filled with Naruto's loud voice.

"You know this girl?" The white-haired man asked turning to face Naruto.

I narrow my eyes feeling that the guy looked familiar.

"Yeah she is my friend Kaiya Senju," Naruto said with his signature grin.

"I see Kaiya Senju," he said stareing at me for a couple of minutes before looking away. I shrugged deciding to not worry about why he seemed familiar.

"Here you one bowl of ramen with rabbit meat and extra eggs. Just the way you like it," Teuchi said placing my bowl of ramen in front of me.

"Thanks," I said before picking up my chopsticks and beginning to eat my ramen.

"So Kaiya how has your training been going?" Naruto asked.

"It has been going wonderful. I have learned lots of different justu and techniques now I'm just spending my time relaxing," I replied after swallowing the ramen in my mouth.

"What!? No fair pervy sage when will you tell me the secret of the justu. Kaiya already learned a lot more than me," Naruto said yelling at the guy next to him before ordering more ramen.

'Such a loud knucklehead.' I thought continuing to eat my bowl of ramen. Not bothering to pay attention to the fact that Naruto was already on his fourth bowl of ramen.

"Well see you around Naruto," I said getting up from my seat after paying for the two bowls of ramen I had. While Naruto was on his ninth bowl of ramen.

"Okay see you!" Naruto shouted waving bye to me as I walked away.

🐍🐍🐍

Hey lovely readers.

I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Don't hesitate to let me know what you think of this chapter.

Also, don't forget to vote and comment.

Q: What was your favorite part of this chapter?

Q: How do you hope to see the final matches play out?

Thanks for reading like always!