Chapter 3 :Teams

Kaiya's P.O.V

Today was the day we were being assigned to our teams. I was in my usual spot sitting next to Kiba. I was spacing out thinking about that scroll I read last night. While waiting for Iruka-sensei to saw up and tell us what team we were on.

I was brought out of my thoughts as I heard yelling down the hallway. The ground shook slightly as whoever was coming started running faster and faster.

Sakura and Ino burst into the room. "I'm first!" They both exclaimed.

I tuned them out as they started bickering about who was first, only to tune back in as Naruto was sent flying from his chair. I then tune back out as girls started to fight about who was first.

A growl was then heard from Naruto. I raised an eyebrow at him squatting on the desk in front of Sasuke. Sasuke's fangirls started yelling at Naruto as the boys glared heatedly at each other.

Suddenly, the guy behind Naruto leaned back, bumping into the knucklehead ninja. I rolled my eyes as some people started laughing and Sauske fangirls screaming about Naruto stealing Sauske first kiss before they started beating him up.

***

Iruka stood at the front of the class, hands behind his back as he smiled at the new genin. "As of today, you are all ninjas. Together you've faced difficult trials and hardships. But, that's nothing. What comes next will be far more difficult. Now you are all genuine, first-level ninjas. All the Genin will be grouped into three main squads. Each squad will be led by a jonin. An elite ninja. Also since there an odd number one you genin are going to be put on a team of genin a year old. Since they need a new member after losing there their member."

I once again rolled my eyes as Ino started to taunt Sakura, "Well, someone's gotta be in Sasuke's group. I wonder who?"

"I don't know," Sakura said. Sasuke just had a serious look on his face.

Iruka continued, "We want each squad to have a balance of strength and abilities, so that's how we set them up. I will now announce the squads!" He continued as I wondering who I would be team up with.

"Squad Seven!" I zoned back in, hoping I hadn't missed anything important - especially if my name had already been called. "Naruto Uzumaki, Sakura Haruno," Naruto stood up and cheered, while Sakura hung her head. "And Sasuke Uchiha!" The positions switched.

"Squad Eight! Hinata Hyuga, Kiba Inuzuka, Shino Aburame!" Iruka said.

"Now for squad 10," Iruka announced. "Yamanaka Ino, Nara Shikamaru,"

"HA! Did you say something about hating to be on my squad?" Shikamaru taunted Ino, who growled in frustration.

Iruka wasn't finished. "And Akamichi Choji. Those are all the squads. Which means Kaiya Yuhi will be joining Squad 13."

'So I'm on a team with older genin.' I thought.

I was then snapped out of my thoughts by Naruto's loud voice.

"Iruka-Sensei! Why does a great ninja like me have to be in a squad with a slug-like Sasuke?!"

Iruka looked up from his papers, responding calmly, "Sasuke had the best scores of all the graduating students. Naruto, you had the worst scores. To create a balanced team, we put the best student with the worst student."

"Just make sure you don't get in my way..." Sasuke muttered, "Loser."

They started bickering, but Iruka cut them off, clearing his throat, "After lunch, you'll meet your new Jonin teachers. Kaiya after lunch meet up with your team at the Dango shop. Until then, class dismissed!"