3 Target

Part 3 Target

Khushi was waiting for the bus to go home. The bus came and she got a seat behind the driver's seat. The bus started. She saw a guy passing the bus by bike. His bike's side stand was not removed. Khushi became horrified seeing that. He will meet with an accident if the side stand is hit with a speed breaker or a stone.

*Please go fast... see his bike stand...* she said to the bus driver.

The bus driver looked at her frowning.

*We can't reach him... we are on the bus but he is going on the bike. How could we catch him?*

*Bhai please... he may die...*

The driver was about to say something, but he jerked as the guy's bike's side stand banged on the speed breaker and he flew in the air. His head hit on the cement divider. He fell on the road and the place filled with his blood.

*Stopppp...* Khushi shouted and the bus was already stopped.

She rushed to the guy who was struggling for life. She stopped an auto to get the guy to the hospital.

*Hey girl... he is no more...* someone said.

Khushi looked at him shockingly. Tears flowed from her eyes. The traffic police reached the place and asked the people to leave. People started dispersing. Khushi stood there looking at the guys with a painful expression.

*Is he your friend?* the policeman asked her.

Khushi nodded no.

*Then go...*

Khushi stood there, missing her bus but she didn't care about it. She went home all sad.

GH

Khushi was upset for the whole day. Shashi saw her face and found out that she is not well. He came to her and circled her shoulder. Khushi looked at him with teary eyes. Shashi was panicked, seeing her crying.

*What happened beta...?*

*A guy died in a road accident today...*

*Who is he?*

*I don't know... but I had a chance to save him... but I couldn't...* she said crying.

*How?*

Khushi explained to him what happened.

*What was your mistake in that? It happened because of his carelessness...*

*Maybe, but it was not so big a mistake to get such punishment, Babuji...*

*You were not careless but tried to save him. What could you do if the bus driver didn't stop the bus?*

Khushi was silent.

*Everything happens according to our fate... don't cry*

Khushi wiped her tears.

*Have you had dinner?*

Khushi nodded no.

*Let's go...* without waiting for her to say ok, Shashi clutched her hand and dragged her with him to the dining.

The next day

Khushi entered the college with Preeto. She saw the DON gang of the college sitting under a tree laughing. Aman nagged Arnav to see Khushi. Not only Arnav but also the other three looked at her. When Khushi crossed them, all of them talked with each other, looking at Khushi.

*Ba Ba...*

*Ba Ba Ba...*

*Ba Ba Ba Ba...*

Preeto controlled her laughter whereas Khushi started walking fast. Before entering her classroom, Khushi turned towards them and saw Arnav smiling at her.