22 Responsibility

Part 22 Responsibility

GH

Khushi came downstairs, getting fresh. She was wearing a sleeveless full-length gown. Taking a coffee cup from Garima's hand, she came to the living room. She sipped the coffee relishing it. She has almost finished the coffee. There was a single sip left in the cup. That's when the calling bell rang.

*Amma...Babuji came...* Khushi hurried to the door drinking the last sip of the coffee.

She opened the door, shouting,

*Babujiiiii...*

Her smile got vanished because there was no Shashi but Raizadas on the doorstep. She hid the empty cup behind her back, widening her eyes.

*How are you, Khushi?* Ratna asked.

Khushi nodded ok awkwardly.

*Please come in aunty... come in uncle...* she stood giving them enough space.

Ratna and Arvind got in but Arnav stood not getting in.

*What happened, Chotte...?* Arvind asked.

*She greeted only you people... not me* he said looking at Khushi smilingly.

Khushi gulped down as Arnav spoke about HER. She thought he won't give heed to her just like he did in college but he did. She was about to welcome him,

*Arrey... Come in Arnav bituwa...* Garima greeted him.

Without any choice left, Arnav entered.

*Amma, they are Arnav's parents* Khushi introduced them to Garima.

*Namaste...* Garima said joining her hands.

Ratna and Arvind greeted her in return.

*Please be seated... I will bring you tea...* Garima was about to go to the kitchen,

*Amma... you be with them. I will bring them tea* Khushi said.

Garima nodded ok and she went to the kitchen whereas Arnav sighed. While preparing tea, Khushi dialed Shashi and told him about Raizadas' arrival. Shashi started, leaving all his work behind to meet Raizadas.

*Khushi is talking about you non-stop* Garima said.

*We are also talking about her.* Ratna said.

Arnav looked at Ratna getting amazed. It is true or was Ratna told that as a courtesy?

*We are here to thank you* Ratna said.

*It's not needed. It's our pleasure to help you Ratnaji... we are very happy that we got such an opportunity to do that*

*We should say you have brought Khushi up very nicely. She is a very good girl* Ratna said.

Garima smiled proudly.

They saw Shashi rushing.

*Namasteji...* he said.

Arvind shook hands with Shashi.

*Did you give them anything to drink or eat?* Shashi asked Garima.

*Khushi is preparing tea*

They saw Khushi coming with a tea tray.

*I couldn't believe it when Khushi told me that you are here* Shashi said.

*I told you we will come to your home...*

*Yes, you told me... I thought you will inform us in prior*

*We don't want to trouble you... that's why* Ratna said.