48 Khushi is Kidnapped

Part 48 Khushi is Kidnapped

As per Arvind's order, Arnav and Khushi stayed home, skipping college the next day. Khushi was in the kitchen with Ratna, helping her to cook. Arnav came to the kitchen.

*Do you want anything, Chotte? * Ratna asked.

*No, Mom. I don't want anything, mom. I just thought to prepare something for Khushi*

Ratna and Khushi were amazed.

*You... and prepare something Khushi...? Really? * Ratna chuckled.

*Mom, when you were in Tamilnadu, I was the one who helped Dad in the kitchen you know? * he said flaunting.

*Oh...* she lifted her brows.

*Trust me, Mom...*

*Do you know cooking? * Khushi asked.

*what a question you have asked me...? Let me show you my dexterity...* he said.

Ratna moved a bit and gestured him to go ahead.

*I won't mind if you guys help me...* he said grinning.

*What kind of help, Chotte? *

*You no need to do anything... just follow my instructions...*

He jumped on the kitchen slab and sat there comfortably.

*Keep the pan on the stove and turn the burner ON. Get it heat...* He said.

Ratna looked at him teasingly whereas Khushi did what he said.

*Pour milk in it*

*Are you preparing keer? * Ratna questioned.

*Yes, this keer is to welcome Khushi home*

*Oh... to welcome Khushi, you are making Khushi make the keer... what a skill Chotte...* Ratna teased.

*Then, you follow my instruction. Don't let her do that, Mom* Arnav demanded.

Ratna sighed.

*Ok, tell me, what do you want me to do...*

Ratna did what Arnav asked to. Of course, Ratna was an expert in cooking. Arnav didn't have to be concentrating on keer as Ratna took the responsibility. He was sitting on the kitchen slab tension-free. Ratna finished cooking and transferred the keer into a bowl. She extended it to Khushi.

*Keer, made by your Arnav...* Ratna smiled.

*Aunty... you made this...* Khushi said, controlling her laughter, looking at Arnav.

*I instructed her* Arnav said seriously.

*Haan, haan, my Amma also instructed me many times. Only I know how I flopped them...* she laughed.

Arnav made face.

*Cooking needs complete attention. It can't be done sitting on the kitchen slab* she giggled.

*My Bahu is so smart* Ratna laughed.

Ratna brought the keer to the living room and served it to them. They had it chitchatting. They saw Arvind entering RM. His face looked confused.

*Are you alright? * Ratna asked.

Arvind sat on the couch said nothing.

*What happened, Dad? * Arnav asked.

*Your marriage should take place before the election* Arvind said.

*Why, uncle? Anything serious? * Khushi asked nervously.