18 Affirmation

Part 18 Affirmation

Arnav got back to his bed silently. He was thinking about what his mother said about him. He didn’t take Khushi’s denial seriously till the day. His mother’s statement made him think of it because his mother directly showed her dissatisfaction regarding his behavior towards Khushi.

Furthermore, his father said that Khushi is more like Ratna. Arvind never told him that. He might have been bothered about his behavior when they met Khushi in Gandhi Park. If his mother doesn’t like his behavior, how could Khushi like it? Arnav thought in the right direction for the first time.

He wants Khushi… there is no second thought about that. His Mom told that Khushi will never accept his proposal as she is thinking of him as a playboy. Giving up on her is next to impossible. She was the reason, he is alive today. Adding to it, she has brought his family’s lost happiness again… she brought his mother back… she is his ANGEL… Only he can give her a happy life. Only she can be his wife. He has to get her by hook or by crook. But how? He closed his eyes thinking about it. Ratna won’t help him until Khushi is okay with his proposal.

The next morning

Khushi woke up, stretching her hands. She came out of the room and saw Ratna, Arvind, and Arnav talking with the children.

*I’m going to Delhi… I will visit you often… New caretakers will look after you… ok?* Ratna said.

A few children understood the situation whereas a few small children cried for Ratna. They looked at Arnav, wiping their faces when he started talking.

Taking a bit of paper, Arnav read it. Those were translated sentences by father John. Arnav requested him to translate as he wanted to say that to the children.

*You are clever children. Don’t think, you are losing your Ratnama, think that you got a father and a brother…*

Ratna looked at him surprisingly. She translated them to Arvind in Hindi.

*Yes, he is right… I mean, your brother is right… Consider us as your father and brother…* Arvind said and Ratna translated it to the children.

*You guys should take your life seriously… start studying sincerely… we will help you with your studies… you will get settled in life if you study well…ok?*

*Ok, Chotte Anna…(Chotte bhai)*

Arvind laughed hearing CHOTTE ANNA whereas Arnav rolled his eyes.

*There is a voting machine in the father’s office. You will vote every month for a caretaker you like the most. We will give a bonus to the best caretaker every month. The vote will be counted by me*

*But, you are in Delhi* a smart boy asked.

*It’s a computerized voting machine…I can count it from Delhi*

*Ohh*

*And… we are going to award good students also…*

The children applauded.

*Let’s see, who is going to be awarded…*

*I will be…* a girl said.

*I will also be* a boy said.