54 No Marriage...

Part 54 No Marriage...

*Chotte, don't keep your face like a kid... it doesn't suit you...* Ratna said teasingly.

Arnav glared at her.

*Why are you glaring at me? Didn't you say a few minutes ago that you will be waiting until your marriage? * she asked.

*I thought you guys will arrange our marriage in a day or two...* he said annoyingly.

*In a day or two? * Arvind asked laughingly.

*Then what...? We are married. How could you keep my wife away from me? * he argued.

*Chotte, we will discuss it later... come and have lunch first. It's already 4'o clock. Your father-in-law will come in an hour*

*Is he coming? * Khushi asked.

*Yes... he wants to fix the date* Ratna said only half of the part.

*Chotte, don't show your weird face to your in-laws. Be brisk. They may think you married Khushi only to save her from Vikas* Ratna teased him.

*Haan, don't argue with them just like you are doing with us... they are your in-laws, and respecting them is very important for you* Arvind advised him.

Arnav rolled his eyes.

*I know, Dad*

*Let's eat...*

*I don't want anything...* Arnav stood from the couch.

*Arrey, Chotte.... Don't be adamant. You can change nothing starving* Ratna said.

*Mom, please understand...*

*Khushi beta, ask him to eat* Ratna said.

*Mom... stop this...*

*Arnav... why are you behaving like this? * Khushi asked.

Taking a few steps he came to Khushi.

*Baby, you know me... can't you understand me? * he sounded soft.

*We wanted our parents to accept our love. They did... we wanted to get married... we got married... what else you need more than this Arnav? We are together... I'm in front of your eyes. Then why are you worrying a lot? * Khushi asked touching his hand.

*I can understand, Khushi... But...*

*These are rituals... our parents do anything for our betterment... they want us to be happy... so, be quiet and obey them... *

Arnav nodded yes.

*Let's eat. I'm hungry* Khushi said.

Arnav sighed.

*I'm sorry... come* He pulled her to the dining table.

Arvind looked at Ratna wondering. Ratna raised her brows getting amazed. They followed them.

*Khushi, sit and eat... I will serve you* Ratna said.

*That's ok aunty*

*Ratna, before Chotte finishes eating, tell them about their marriage. He may eat a little extra then* Arvind said.

Arnav, who was about to pull the chair for Khushi looked at him.

Ratna smiled at Arnav. Arnav frowned, seeing her smile.

*What are you guys talking about? What uncle said about marriage? Is there anything else we should know? * Arnav asked.

*Maybe...* Ratna said.