13 The Truth

Part 13 The Truth

Khushi was thinking, squeezing her brain. She was damn sure that she had seen Arnav's mother somewhere. But she couldn't remember where...

Taking her mobile, she checked her contact list. She believed that a person from her contact list must be related to Arnav's mother. She was scrolling her list losing her patience.

Suddenly, something hit her mind. She checked Arvind's WhatsApp status.

*Tsunami not only had taken your life but also ours *

Tsunami? How could she die in Tsunami as they are living in Delhi? Tsunami hit South India, especially Tamilnadu. She remembered the day she went to Tamilnadu for her friend's marriage which happened in Nagapattinam Velankanni Church. She saw the Tsunami victim Memorial Tower there.

Her eyes popped out all of the sudden. Yes... she had met a woman named Ratna there. Children called her Ratnama... she punched her forehead thinking about it. She decided to call her friend Sherlin.

At that time, the college bell rang. She sighed.

Her friends looked at her frowning as she stood with her bag.

*What happened?* Payal asked.

*I'm leaving...*

*Where?*

*I don't know...* she took a step out of the desk.

*Khushi wait...* Lavanya said.

*I have no time... see you tomorrow?*

*Tomorrow?*

Khushi rushed out of the class and saw the professor advancing her class. She hid behind the pillar and waited there. Making sure of the professor's whereabouts she rushed out of the college.

Coming to the bus stop, she called her friend Sherlin. She attended the call on the third ring.

*Hi, Khushi... what a pleasant surprise... how are you?*

*Do you remember the woman we met in the church the previous day of your marriage?* She asked her without answering her question.

*Whom you are asking about?*

*Ratnama...*

*Oh... she...? She is in the same church's HOME...*

*Did you see her?*

*Recently I didn't see her*

*When did you see her for the last time?*

*Maybe a month ago...*

*Will she be in the same place?*

*Yes... but why are you asking about her?*

*Do you know why she is here? How did she come to the HOME?*

*I'm not sure... but I heard when someone talking about her...*

*What they talked?*

*She lost her husband and son in the Tsunami*

*Do you know where she is from?*

*She is a North Indian... do you have forgotten, she spoke to us in Hindi when we went to the HOME to provide food for the children?*

*Yes... I have forgotten...*

*By the way, what's the matter?*

*Her husband and Son are alive... they are in Delhi*

*Whaaaat! Is that true?*

*Yes... I had seen her death anniversary status...*

*Oh... Jesus... how sad!*