16 Old Memories

Part 16 Old memories...

The children of the home became happy like ever before as they hear that they are going to get many sets of dresses that they never got. At the same time, they became sad as their favorite Ratnama is leaving them.

*Ratnama, won't you come here again?* a little boy asked her sadly.

No need to say, Ratna's eyes tear up.

*Why won't I come? Are you guys planning to send me forever? It will never happen... I will come here often to see you and whenever I come, I will get you many gifts...* she said to the boy.

He rushed towards the other children shouting,

*Ratnama is not leaving us forever... she will come to meet us often with gifts...* he hopped cheerfully.

All the children joined him and hopped. Ratna smiled at them whereas Arvind felt bad for the children. He knew his Ratna. She is a sweet woman anyone can love. The children will feel bad for missing Ratna and no one could replace her.

Arnav was supervising the storekeepers who were arranging the lots. He saw the rooms of the home. The children were asking him many questions and he was answering them with patience. After the work had been done, he came to his parents. He searched for Khushi and she was not there. He asked Arvind about her through his eyes. Arvind also answered him through his eyes, pointing in the direction of the BEACH.

*Chotte... don't you go to the beach? We won't get the chance to get our feet wet by the seawater... after all, we don't have a beach in Delhi...* Arvind said smilingly, gesturing him to go to the beach.

*Mom... I will be there on the beach for a while...*

Ratna nodded ok.

Arnav headed to the beach. He was nearing the sea and he couldn't resist thinking about the Tsunami day. He gulped hard as he felt a kind of nervousness in his heart. How could he forget that... the wave which separated his mother from him...? When he came to Velankanni for the first time, the beach looked just like a lake with ripples like small waves. But now, the waves are rough... the beach was so close to the church... the Tsunami had changed many things in India as well as in their life.

He saw Khushi playing on the beach with Sherlin. She was wet completely and she didn't mind about it. That was the first time, she sees the sea. The people who live in north India have very little chance to see beaches in their life. She looked happy. The views of the people differ accordingly. Not only Khushi but also anyone shouldn't experience such a tragedy in their life. He wished wholeheartedly.

Sherlin saw Arnav looking at the sea with a stern expression. She gestured to Khushi to look at him. Khushi understood what he was undergoing. That's when Arnav felt a touch on his shoulder. He saw Arvind and Ratna standing with the same emotion. He hugged them together closing his eyes. Neither Arvind nor Ratna tried to break the hug. After a while, Ratna caressed his hair.

*Calm down, Chotte...*

Composing himself, Arnav broke the hug. Khushi was amazed, seeing him so emotional.

*Dad... I want to talk to you, about something very important*

Ratna looked at Arvind.

*Let's talk relaxing*

Arnav nodded ok.

*Khushi, Beta... Sherlin...* Arvind called them.

Khushi and Sherlin came to them.

*Let's go...* Arvind pointed at the restaurant near the beach.

Khushi nodded ok. She needed a hot tea as she was drenched in the water. They entered the restaurant and sat at the six-seated table. A waiter came to them asking for the orders.