35 The reason for the rejection

Part 35 Reason for the rejection

*I'm sorry...I'm not fine with that...* Shashi said which made all the others shocked.

Khushi's eyes automatically tear up. She didn't expect Shashi would make such a tragic decision. She thought to tease Arnav and it was different. But now how could she go against her father's wish? She was dissatisfied.

Arnav's condition could not be described in words. He was looking at Khushi's teary eyes unbelievably. Arvind and Ratna were also fed up. They underestimated Shashi Gupta it seems. And Garima was angry with Shashi. Would anyone leave such an amazing alliance? How could he do that without discussing it with her and Khushi?

*Could we know why you are not fine with this? * Arvind asked, making himself up.

*I think it's not needed... because I don't want to hurt you people...*

That was another blow to Raizadas.

*That's ok... tell us... we won't feel bad* Ratna asked. She wanted to know the reason.

*Ours and your lifestyle are different... Roaming with girls and going on dates may be a simple thing for you. But, according to us, those are the deciding factors of one's character...* Shashi said looking straight.

Arvind looked at Arnav miserably who was gulping down hard. Ratna bowed down.

Khushi was shocked to the core. What does that mean? Did Shashi inquire about Arnav and his character?

*Thank you for everything. We are leaving...* Shashi said joining his hands.

Arvind and Ratna also sent them off joining their hands. Arnav stood, looking at their retreating figure... correction, Khushi's retreating figure. He felt like someone is squeezing his heart. He fisted his finger, tightening his jaws helplessly.

Arvind touched his shoulder. In no time, Arnav hugged him and cried on his shoulder. Ratna couldn't hold her tears, seeing them so vulnerable. She didn't know what to do... how to handle the issue. Shashi Gupta would have investigated Arnav. Maybe, he would have done that, seeing him so sweet with Khushi.

There is nothing to do with this. Don't know how Arnav will forget Khushi but he has no choice. Ratna thought.

But, Arvind broke the hug.

*Chotte, you don't have to be worried. I saw Khushi's eyes teary. I'm sure she likes you. So, we do not need to care about Shashi Gupta. Get her... we will see what Shashi Gupta will do...* He said wrathfully.

Ratna was horrified, hearing that. Has he gone mad? Being his father, how could he give such an idea to Arnav? She was disappointed with Arvind.

*No, Dad... she is not repugnant to her Babuji...* Arnav said in a feeble tone.

*Then what will you do? Will you forget her? Could you? * Arvind asked furiously.

*Never... I will leave my breath instead...*

*Then? *

*Let me think...* Arnav went to his room.

Arvind looked at Ratna.

*What are you advising, Arvind? Is this how you teach your son...?*

*Ratna, please... you have no idea how hurt Chotte is. I'm not going to care about right or wrong in this matter... my Chotte's happiness means a lot to me... please don't try to stop me Ratna...* he left the place leaving a thunderstruck Ratna.

In their twenty-five years of married life, this is the first time, Arvind spoke to her this way. That's not enough for Ratna to understand the depth of the issue...?