15 Reunion

Part 15 Reunion

Hearing her name in Arvind's voice, Ratna turned around slowly and found her husband standing with teary eyes. Her eyes widened in shock. Tears slipped from Arvind's eyes, seeing her state. A simple cotton saree told him what life she is leading.

Ratna struggled to stand due to the unexpected situation. Arvind clutched her wrist and made her stand. When he touched her hand, she busted out crying... closing her face with her left hand whereas her right hand was in Arvind's clutch. Arvind also cried and couldn't hold himself. Arnav turned the opposite side to hide his teary eyes whereas Khushi didn't feel to hide them. In fact, it was happy tears... seeing a divine reunion of an honorable couple. Even Sherlin spilled tears.

They took a few minutes to come to the composure. Ratna wiped her face with her saree pallu.

*How are you Ratna...?* Arvind asked choking.

*I was lifeless until a few minutes ago... I just got my life back...* she said spilling tears that were overpowering that day.

There was a long pause between them.

*I can't believe it's you...* she said weeping.

*I too can't believe when Khushi told me you are alive...*

Ratna looked at Khushi and smiled at her thankfully.

*Is Chotte with you?* Ratna asked fearfully as she didn't know what happened to him.

Arvind looked at Arnav, turning his face.

*Chotte...*

Arnav advanced to them.

Ratna again cried. She cupped his face and kissed his forehead.

*I'm sorry... I was unable to do mother's duty...*she apologized to Arnav.

*You are back... it's more than enough for me...* Arnav said controlling his tears but his reddened eyes told her that he cried.

She hugged him and cried. Arnav caressed her hair.

*Please don't cry, Mom. It's enough of crying...* He consoled her.

Ratna broke the hug and smiled at Arvind.

*You have brought him up very well...* she touched Arnav's cheek and again looked at Arvind.

Arnav's eyes rooted in Khushi who just turned towards Sherlin and smiled at her, doesn't want to see Arnav.

*I'm happy I got you back, Mom... let's go back to our house...*

Ratna became hesitant which was noted by the trio.

*What happened, Ratna...?* Arvind asked nervously because he had no idea about what commitment Ratna had there.

*Actually, tomorrow is Christmas... Can't we be with children tomorrow?*

Arvind huffed in relief... so did Arnav and Khushi.

*That's all you want?* Arvind asked feeling relief.

*Hann...* Ratna said.

*Sure... we will go to Delhi after celebrating Christmas with children... what say Chotte...?*

*I have no problem... of course, I'm happy staying here a few days more (he said looking at Khushi) but... what about Khushi?* he looked at her.

Arvind and Ratna also turned their face toward her.

*I will talk to Babuji...* She said looking at Arvind.

*Thank you, Beta...* Arvind said.

Taking two steps, Ratna hugged Khushi lovingly.