THIS MAN

THIS MAN

#08

HENDRY LUCAS

I hate Amanda with passion, i hate her with every fiber in me. Did she really have to go all out coming to my office to cause a scene. What have i gotten myself into. If it wasn't for Precious i would be in jail by now. I didn't know she could go all Jackie Chan, her craziness really helped me alot. I don't know how to explain this. I somehow have a sense of relief when ever she's around me. She knows how to calm me down, even my own son prefers Precious more than me. What a father i am. I haven't seen him since after that scandal. I walk out of my office to go search for him. I frown looking at him enjoying this white thing. This girl only eats her own kind of food.

"Gerald, what are you eating?" I ask cause I'm curious. I'm a very picky person and i don't want anything from anyone. But Jackie Chan the runner seems to pulling me by my noise.

"Amasi try, they very nice if you add cream in them" God forbid she's also enjoying this.

"No thank you," i genuinely smile at her. My appetite is zero knot after Amanda's drama.

"We need to talk, I'll come by your office later on" judging from her tone it must be serious. I nodd and walked away back to my office and all the stares were on me. My main priority now is Gerald Jnr. His eating so i know his covered for the day. Why do i keep on relying and trusting this girl. I don't even know her for crying outloud!

I've been buried with tons of paper work and i haven't even had lunch. Thank God Gerald is not around, i thank Precious for keeping him in company. I managed to go through a whole lot bunch of documents.

"Knock, knock" ahhhh speak of the devils, why is she bringing him back i still have loads of work to do. "It's my knock off time sir, i bought G back." This G that has been slipping out of her tounge confuses me. She notices the blank look on my face.

"G as in Gerald?" I had to ask just to be sure we are on the same page.

"If i keep calling his full name I'll bit my tounge. I don't have a funeral cover not even Cebolethu will funeral me and you won't come to my rescue." She says. This mouth of hers never runs of rubbish to spit.

"Yoh" that's all i managed to say. She has a way of making me weak in an unexplainable way. She sits across my table and puts her hands on it. Somehow i don't like people touching my stuff, but her it's another story.

"I'm not here to judge your parenting skills, but as a big sister I'm concerned about G's well-being. His very jumpy, scared of almost everything. He hardly talks and he prefers dark than light. Do you know what that means.? I didn't expect this. Yes i know my son is not 100% well.

"Erm no" I'm testing the waters.

"Your son is being abused. Try doing some activities with him. Don't lock him in the house, let him have his fun quality time. Kids like outside play grounds, take him to the park, buy him toys. Find out what he loves the most. And also psychology will help him heal in whatever his facing. No child deserves the pain that G went through. His still young and sometimes he finds it hard to sleep at night because of the constant nightmares."

"H….he told you?" I'm still finding it to believe that Greald Jnr told her.

"I noticed the signs and i tricked into asking him and he told me everything." Wow is she that observant. No wonder she saw Amanda's face full of make up.

"So you are my baby mama from hell ?" I smiled thinking of her craziness.

"Ahhh you still there, i long forgot about that. I was just saving you from trouble. The minute i saw her i knew she was trouble. But hey I'm sorry if i crossed the line." Is she kidding me she saved my ass.

"Thank you, and thank you for your advice." She nodds her small head and i watch her as she walks out of my office. Part of me was sad, i felt like running after her.

"Would you like some ice-cream?" I asked Gerald Jnr who was looking outside the window. Precious is right for a six year old his very down and quite. I must consider her advises and put them into good use.

"Yes" he answered me in a low tone and that broke my heart.

"Hy what is it?" I can tell that something is wrong but i don't know how to ask him.

"Mama says ice-cream is for the good kids and I'm a bad child." He answered me fidgeting with his fingers. My heart broke into a million pieces and i decided to drive to go get those ice-cream.

"Chocolate or vanilla?" I asked and he seemed unbothered.

"Chocolate" guess will have two chocolates for the day.

I walked him to tbe park as madam Jackie Chan instructed, damn Gerald Jnr is going to be the death of me. He left me like he doesn't know me, leaving me behind with these two dripping ice-creams. He was definatly having the time of his life, for a moment if felt like he forgot all of the problems and it's just him alone in the world.

"Why did you buy ice-cream if you're not going to let them melt in your hands." A woman asked and somehow i felt annoyed.

"Blame my son" i tell her and somehow my mind shifts to Precious wondering where she is.

"I'm sure his having the time of his life" this woman is flirting with me and it's a total turn of.

"Yea sure" i side eye her and bitch is staring.

"Where is his mother?" Aint we getting too personal missy goody too shoes.

"My wife is at home" i blantly lie, how do i tell her to fuck off.

"What Hendry Lucas is married. But i don't see a ring on it." Some girls are really desperate yerrr. I just looked at her with a "don't fuck with me eyes". I see Gerald Jnr running towrds me with a wide smile on his face.

"I want Precious, i want to tell her a story.

"Huh" now I'm confused and this ice-cream is not making it any easier for me. I ended up throwing it in the bin.

"She chased away the boogeyman" he squirled jumping up and down.

"Boogeyman?" I'm still confused as hell making the lady laugh at my confused face.

"It's clear that you are not a storyteller. When a child is afraid of something as a parent we tell them fairytale stories. Whenever they are afraid of the dark or the unknown. We advise them to do a curtain thing to chase away the scary creature." She explains, still it doesn't sit well with me.

"What did Jackie… i mean Precious tell you boy?" I asked Gerald Jnr hoping he answered me with something meaningful.

"She said i must pray and it will all go away." He said as he flew along playing.

"Ow oky" it does show that indeed i know nothing about my son and it hurts me to know that Precious knows him more than i do.

"His cute" why is this woman still here again, i fail to understand.

"Thank you, hey buddy lets go home. I'm sure Precious is waiting for us at home." I lie, i just want to be out of this womans site.

"So can we exchange numbers maybe have a little fun later." Is she seriously asking me out. I'm a man and i want a woman who has dignity and self respect, not someone who throws themselves around.

"My wife wouldn't like that. I respect and love her way too much, more than anything. Don't degrade yourself like this it doesn't suit you." I left her standing in total shock. She must be fucken out of her mind. I don't even know which wife i was referring too, i don't even have a girlfriend. My life is totally meaningless and a bore. As much as i don't know her that much but Precious has that effect i can't explain. What is this woman doing to me? Why do i feel this way? Why does my heart beat this rapidly bad whenever i think about her?