THIS MAN

THIS MAN

#27

PRECIOUS ZIKHALI

"I hear your reasons but I don't understand them. I am highly disappointed in your desicion making, this is not the way how things are done. I hope you know that in our culture your marriage is not recognised. Communication is the key to everything." My mother tells us, I feel so ashamed right now. "Your people will have to do right by my daughter, a letter must be sent to her father asking for her hand in marriage."

"I can do that, but can I do it as soon as as possible?" Hendry asks, I get, it his that type of a man who wants to do things in full speed without wasting anytime.

"Whenever you are ready, friendly reminder her family is quite not a welcoming one. Precious can you exuse us for a moment I want to have a word with him?" Great just great, now I'll have to sit in the car like a lost puppy while my mother roasts him alive. Maybe it's the snake, she's scared.

"Do you think the snake will come back?" I ask her.

"Ayusuka there's no snake! Get out!"she half shouts.

"Habe the monster devil is out, where do I purchase a new mother?" I stand up leaving them to have their 'serious' talk.

LUCAS HENDRY

Her mother is right but I had no other option in mind. Precious brings out the best in me, which I cannot absolutely explain.

"Do you love my daughter?" She asks me, this is an unexpected question but being honest to answer won't kill.

"I love your daughter more than anything. I know this was the stupidist mistake I've ever done but a decision I don't regret doing." I reply honestly.

"You see…… that's my daughter, my first born that God gave me. I love her with all of her flaws and clumsyness. Don't try to change her to be something that she's not, don't take my daughter if you are going to abuse her. Precious knows nobody in this world besides me her mother and her sister. She can be too much to handle at times but that's just the way she is. God made her that way and I appreciate her that way. If the potatoes burn you in the process don't smash it but you mould it to be a better mash for everyone to love. If you truly love my daughter you will her with all that she is and what she is. I admit I somehow believed that she was not mentally stable but the doctors assured me that she was 100% sane. Love my crazy daughter and if it gets too much for you please unlove her and bring her back home to her mother." That was a mouthful, I will never change Precious she's sweet the way she is. Changing her will just be a total bore. I will love my wife with all of her clumsyness and funeral moments full of ghosts. Who would put a smile on my face like she does? Who would make me a better man like she does? Who would love my son like she does? She doesn't care about the flashy lifestyle, money and cars that I have. I didn't know that there are still woman who are this unique. With her by my side I sure know I will be a better man.

Later that day I contacted my three favourite uncles, I get along with them just fine unlike my father who is selfish.

"What did the uncles say?" Precious asks sitting beside me. I'm still sick and my stomach still hurts but I enjoy all the attention I get from her.

"They will be here tomorrow evening to talk further. You will get to meet my cousin's." I tell her.

"Okay, I will be fetching the rest of my stuff in the morning from my mum's." She tells me and I sense something is bothering her. She looks somehow disturbed.

"Is everything alright MaLady?" I ask.

"What do you see in me? I mean….. I'm different from the women you've dated. I'm clumsy, they say. I'm stupid, they say. I'm dumb, they say. At school I was bullied alot I never got to enjoy my childhood moments. I've always been different and I sometimes think my mind gets stuck cold as ice. You're handsome and a very successful man. What do you see In a plain woman like me who trips herself with her own feet?" She looks at me with glossy eyes and I see hurt. She can be crazy at times but she's a loving soul and I wouldn't trade her craziness for anything.

"Honest truth, I fell in love with the muddy Precious. You're outspoken, you speak your mind and don't tolerate shit. You don't let anyone belittle you. You are strong person who has a very strange character, personality and that's what I love about you. I'm not embarassed by your naiveness or clumsyness. You love my son like my own and not even once you made him feel uncomfortable. Your unique in a very special way, I will love you till I take my last breathe. And besides we are tied together whether you like it or not. No divorce between me and you." I tell her and I see her all smiles.

"Hendry," she calls out, I know she's going to say something out of the topic. You never get to finish your conversations with her.

"Hmmmmmm," I respond.

"The Bentley is mine." She's not even asking but telling me. What did I say, but this is was I love about her.

AMANDA NGCONGO

"Austine you cheating, you're a bloody cheater!" I tell him, I'm never playing cards with this man ever again.

"Amanda I didn't cheat but I just spiced up the game." He tells me.

"You know what I quit, you are a bully."

"But you're inlove with this bully." He made a stupid grin.
Austine made me a better me, therapy helps a lot and it made me see my worth. I've started painting and he wants to help me sell some of my art work.

"Any new paintings?" He asks, I've never met anyone who is so involve in what I do in life. His very committed to my lifestyle and I'm very grateful.

"I'm thinking of surprising Hendry and Precious with a portrait of them. She has been the best sister I could ever ask for. She has never judged me for my past mistakes, she encourages me to pursue my dreams and be a better woman for her kids." I smile at the last statement and I think Austine noticed.

"Her kids?" He laughs, "Mama Lucas thinks she owns this world, she's just something else." He says.

"Yea she has a heart of gold I cannot explain. I found a family in them. Speaking of family I have to go before before Dragon lady kills me." I say standing up wearing my clothes. It's 19:32 and she's going to kill me.

"Hai babe, I'll call Ma D and soften her." Is this man crazy or what? Does he hate me that much?

"Ay Maan Austine, ngizoshawa!" I sometimes forget that isiZulu is not their mothers tounge, That's what you get for dating coloureds. You become their translaters.

"Okay, let's go." He grabs the car keys and takes me home. Luckily mama is not around, maybe she is with her boyfriend. Ay this woman amuses me sometimes, I sometimes wish she was my biological mother. The love I get from her is beyond recognition.

MLUNGISI ZONDO

I'm scrolling on my Facebook and I stumbled across on Precious's profile picture she just updated. I'm definitely sure that this is her hand. But what confuses me is the hand of a man that's holding Precious's hand. Their hands are locked in one another and my heart starts beating abnormally. I click on her account, she has gained some weight and she has only updated two pictures ever since our break up. Damn those thick sexy thighs. I don't want to think much about this picture, maybe it's her male friend. I doubt she has a boyfriend. I'm sure she's still mopping around after our break up.

I don't know how I would feel once I found out that she's moved on, well that's if she has. Part of me still thinks that someday she will come back to beg me and another part of me still wishes that she was still with me. Swazi is not a woman enough for me, it's hard to love her and it's not the same again. Our relationship just went from hot to cold. I thought maybe pregnancy was making her to be filthy but now it's her life in general and I can't keep up.

Precious was a neat freak, she knew how I liked my clothes ironed, how much salt I prefer whenever she cooks. She knows what flavour sta_soft I love thee most. Those little things that were unecessary she took time into knowing them. She use to make the bed the way I like it. Everytime I think about her I find myself smiling. I wonder where she lives?

3 WEEKS LATER.