THIS MAN

THIS MAN

#37

HENDRY LUCAS

MEETING DAY.

It's sad to see that my ship has finally sank. I use to have twenty eight clients and forthy three employees. I am now left with one client and fifteen employees. My name has turned into a joke, my legacy is about to vanish just like that. Emily was the one who was stealing loads of cash from the business account. I can tell that most people are enjoying my downfall.

For the past three months I have been trying so hard to put everything together but nothing stands. I look at the three gentlemen who are sitting quietly, Mr Myeza and his business partners. I have to present my plan but my mind goes blank. My knees go weak and I fail to utter a word. I loosen my tie while feeling my world crumbling down. I feel like my world is coming to an end.

"We've given you more than enough time to prepare yourself Mr Lucas but it seems as if you are taking us for a ride. Three months is a lot of time to sort out your proposal. I can't be business partners with people who are incompetent. It was grate doing business with you but our journey ends here. All the best." Mr Myeza says as he took his notepad and cellphone on top of the table. This is it, my life has been turned upside down.

PRECIOUS ZIKHALI

For the past three months I've been having sleepiness nights. I've been up and down apply for construction tenders in different companies. Today is the day I present my proposal. I also found out that Hendry's father is the one who's making H.L crumble down. He made sure that every investor pulls out and invested in his business. But worry not, his time will come and when it comes hell will brake loose.
I decided to broadcast the meeting live, not that I'm showing off but  I just got my husband's back. With the help of Themba and Austine, since they were the one's helping me throughout and they know more about the business. And the white paper, really helped alot. I followed every instructions as written. It was a lot of work but it was worth it.

"This is it MaLucas." Themba says rubbing my shoulder." I know you can do this, go prove to your enemies that you stand by your husband no matter what."

"Thank you." I say exhaling high and loud. The building is fully packed with journalist and news reporters. I have thirty clients to impress. I walk inside the building with my head held up high.

"Good luck MaLucas." Mlungisi shouts, we have been great of friends lately and I'm happy because he never crosses the line. He respects my marriage and my husband. And I respect his personal space too.

I walk inside the boardroom bumping into Mr Myeza. "My apologies sir, please kindly take a seat so we could begin." I say, and walk past him without waiting for him to respond. I find my husband looking all depressed and that alone tore my heart. I didn't tell him anything about my plans, reason being I wasn't sure if I was going to put things together.
He looks at me shocked and stand up nervously and I just smile at him giving him one hell of a kiss.

"What are you doing here? Who are all these people?" He asks in a whisper.

"To save my husbands business." He looks at me confused. I then turn to look at everyone and they were looking us. "Can everyone please kindly take a seat so we can presume." They all sat down quitely with everyone looking at me with doubtful eyes.

"And we are now live." The camera man says. I know it's time to prove our enemies wrong.

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen. Not to waste anymore of your time. I will get down to business and get straight to the point.…….." I pause for a while and look at them and they have their eyes fixed on me. That gave me the courage to have positivity. "We all know that our business is having a huge downfall. I'm here to sell my business infront of everyone.
Good strategy steps and everything else built from this foundation. We look at your business challenges and needs to create a tailored programme from our board portfolio of services to answer these. We also provide the resources and ongoing support you need to achieve this strategy. Whether through in-housing, on boarding, training or consulty, our strategies are designed to work around your business and give you the competitive edge. H.L Construction as a whole specialises in -: industrial and commercial maintenance. Painting and waterproofing. Cladding, sheeting and guttering and many more.

"Tell us more about this H.L Construction, your business is in the edge of falling but on the other hand it somehow has positivity." One of the investors say, he came all the way from China to be present during my presentation. I smile cause I can sense that we are going somewhere.

"For over decades H.L Construction has been the preferred supplier of specialised software solutions to the construction and engineering industry, serving more than 1,800 clients and 40,000 users in over 50 countries."

"Tell me something Mrs Lucas, why would we choose H.L? What's that special about your company in general?" Once asks.

"H.L is a work-flow based system that showes real-time order and inventory status. The powerful reporting tools which display all the procurement details, are the foundation of sounds decisions and as the system is fully integrated with other H.L modules, it provides strict control to manage the complete procure-to-pay cycle." I answer

"Who do you serve?"

"Developed and designed by contractors, for contractors. Our software solution drive company-wide collaboration and empower all stakeholders at my stage of the construction life-cycle to succeed." I respond and I see smiles on their faces.

"I was about to withdraw my contact few minutes ago but hey you sold yourself and I'm buying you again. If you you fail to comply this time around……. I would be forced to terminate my contract with immediate effect. Mr Myeza says standing up clapping his hands. The rest of them stand up and congratulate me of my brilliant presentation.

"Welcome on board, I hope I will not have to worry about business while I'm in China. I believe, with me being on board will bring me and my country more opportunities, congratulations once again." Mr Chai says looking at me with those unseen eyes. Can he see me?

"I aim to please sir, and I promise not to disappoint." I say. I turn to look at my husband who had glossy eyes. I'll deal with this man later on, I'm still prostituting the company.

"I believe it is all settled than. I have another meeting to rush to." Mr Myeza, I watched bidding farewell to everyone and he walked out with his two business partners.

I can't believe we were able to attract full attention from all these people. H.L managed to sign a deal worth 6.5 million. Papa G, my ghost where ever you are continue to bless my mind freezically. Freeze that mind of mines, I will forever cherish you even in the dead land. You ghosted and stole money for for us.

Now that I've seen everyone out it's time I bond with my husband. I walk up to him and he gives me a bone crushing hug.

"I think I'm about to be hospitalized, my ribs are torn apart." I say.

"How? When? I don't even know what to say to you woman. How did you manage to pull this off?" He asks, I think my man is addicted to my nose. He can't go a day without kissing the tip of my nose.

"Woah Mr, one question at a time." I giggle trying to hide my blushing face.

"Thank you MaLucas, I don't even know what to say. I've never signed so much contracts before. I'm lost for words, I didn't know you had it in you. My woman did me proud, I will forever love you and cherish you. I'm speechless. " Hendry says looking directly into my eyes. At that moment I knew that this man right here is all that I need.

________

"Wow what else can we say, the company has been saved all thanks to thee Mrs Lucas who just showed us that she has her husband's back no matter what. This is Nomalanga reporting to you live in Durban." Journalist.