THIS MAN

THIS MAN

#32

MLUNGISI ZONDO

When I got home I found piles of dishes in the kitchen sink. I let out a huge long sigh looking at them. I'm tired of talking to this girl honestly. The best thing to do now is to clean around the house before my mother comes back.

"You came back early." Swazi says trying to kiss me and I genetly push her away. At this point I'm just disgusted by her precense.

"I'm tired, I really need to clean this dumpster before my mother comes back." I tell her, I'm beyond angry but I'm trying by all means to keep my cool. Maybe giving her a cold shoulder will be the starters.

"You don't have to wash the dishes, you know your mother will do them when she comes back." The nerve of this girl. The devil is even smiling, does she think this is a restaurant?

"My mother is not a slave, I love her way too much to be doing all of this to her. Awusho when are you going back home? I think it's for the best that you go slave your mother not mine. My mother has been quite for too long and you are taking advantage of her quietness."

"What, are you trying to get rid of me?" Why is she looking at me this astonished. Yes woman I'm trying to get rid of you can't you see.

"I just need a brake from you, my mother needs to rest. She's very old to be picking up after your filth. It's now time to go back to your mother's house and go do as you please." I tell her and she looks at me disappointed.

"I don't slave your mother." She sounds diffensive, but yet she does every chance she gets.

"It's okay, you can go pack in the mean time. I'll walk you home when I'm done." I can see that she wants to dispute what I've just said and I just gave her my back before she could even say anything.

As tired as I am I managed to clean the whole house. It's not spotless as a woman's touch but it's clean with alot of fresh breeze. I see Swazi pulling her suitcases and I sigh in relief. I just couldn't hide the excitement in me.

"Ow finally." I say looking at her glossy eyes. If she thinks those tears will make her stay she has another thing coming.

"So you dumping?" Is she for real. No man in their right state of mind would stay for this. This woman would feed me her own shit if given an opportunity.

"It's for the best. I was never happy to begin with."

"I guess I was forcing you to be with me, but I'm going to give you time to cool off cause I can see that you are confused. Once everything is settled we will come back strong again." She wipe her tears.

"I don't think there's going to be me and you ever again, not even in the next life. We are both broken and we need to heal. We both need to move on with our lives. Fix yourself and be a better woman for the next man that will be in your life, while I fix myself too for the woman who will be in my life. I still want to fix things with Precious."

She drops her bags on the floor and huggs me for dear life sobbing on my chest. I rolled my eyes in annoyance, can she be gone already. Being around her just makes me suffocated.

"Till we meet again. I know you don't love Precious but you love me." She sniffs picking up her bags and left. I stayed behind punching the air in excitement. Now that was easy, good riddance to bad rubbish.

"Finally I will have peace in this house, no flies, no bloody pads, no piglets." I say to myself, my mind drifts back to Emily. I need to distance myself from her before she becomes a problem in my life.

ZIKHALI HOMESTEAD

"Where did you bury it?" She asks.

"Right here, but I can't seem to find it." She replies.

"This can't be happening, after the hard work we did. The money disappeares just like that. I want that money and no one, I mean no one must have it. It all belongs to me, me alone. Are you sure no one saw you?"

"I don't know, but I'm sure that nobody saw me!" She half shouts.

"Don't you dare raise your voice at me. I gave you that money to go hide it cause I trusted you with it and you turn to go do this. You bite me at the back." She scoffs unbelievably.

A shadow appeared from afar looking at the two thief's fighting back and forth with each other. If it was not dark she would have taken a video of the drama she's looking at right now. She was now tired of her greedy family and tired with their constant drama. She stood there looking at them in disbelief. So these are the people that stole the money yet they have the audacity to act all Saint. She stood there a little longer looking at them throwing tantrums at each other. She shook her head and headed back to the house.

PRECIOUS ZIKHALI

It's dark and cold with mist filling up in the air. How did I get here? It's in the middle of the night, here I am walking barefoot and my feet are cold as ice.

"Great you have arrived." A man says wearing all black. I can't see his face but his voice sounds so very familiar.

"W….who are you? What do you want from me?" I don't have money but I can make you one of my best sandwiches." I offer, how the hell did I end up in a grave yard? All of this doesn't make sense.

"Sandwich you say." I'm still looking at his broad back.

"Turn around you he goat!" He just laughs at me with this annoying cocky laugh. "What's so funny you chicken feet, you stole me from my bed to come look at your grave yard. Sies man, come sun shine come rain I will skin you alive. Clearly you don't know the Queen of the jungle."

"I wonder how Hendry keeps up wit you, one thing I know his a very impatient man." He laughs. "You are one hell of a character." He adds, this man is creepy.

"Help! Help! I'm being kidnapped ay futhi I'm kidnapped!" I hear my voice being on repeat over and over again. Fear kicked in I'm about to be funeraled alive.

"Relax will you," he turned around and I got the shock of my life. "No, no, no not again. Why is bad luck following me." Tears streamed down my face, I just know that his going to take me to heaven. "Cebolethu come to the rescue! I repeat come to the rescue!"

I ran as fast as I could but I am not moving anywhere. Everytime I run forward it feels like I'm being pulled 10 steps back. The more I run the more I find myself next to this man. I screamed outloud kneeling down covering my ears……….

_________

"Precious hey wake up. Hey, hey wake up it's me." I had the urge to fight but I had no strength in me. I feel so cold.

"Please don't kill me,' I beg for my life.

""Hey it's me, no one is going to kill you. It's all just a dream. You so cold." Hendry says, and my mind comes back instantly, I scan my surroundings and I noticed that I'm in bed.

"Who brought me here? Where's the ghost?" So I was dreaming. I need to deal with with vegetable once and for all.

"There's no ghost you were dreaming, go back to sleep." He covers me with a blanket, I yank it getting off the bed and I felt like I was floating.

"Ghost come out! I know you can hear me, come out you toe! I know you are here, you took me to the grave yard without my permission. Come fight me like a coward that you are. I'm MaWeapons kayi1 no one messes with me." I started punching and kicking the air warming up for my boxing match. The lights flick on and off continuously and I got terrified and I stood still like a soilder with my arms straight on the sides. I pressed my ass together and held my breath. What the hell is happening.

"Precious just come to bed, I will check the cables in the morning." Hendry says in a sleepy voice. Unbelievable, I'm here fighting ghosts and his telling me about cables.

The most fill up the room making it cold and the back of my hair stands up. I ran to the bed more like sprinting covering myself up with blankets. Hendry is fast asleep beside me and I felt like crying. I said a little prayer.

"I can't die now without eating my favourite sandwich. Jehovah where is your niece when I need him the most."