THIS MAN

THIS MAN

#47

HENDRY LUCAS

For two fucken whole days there's no sign of life in her. I'm giving up. I just lost my wife and my son at the same time. I just lost a part of me, I just lost the love of my life, I lost my family. How do I cope after this tragedy.

"You have to eat something." My parents came in last night and I must say this is the first time they have ever cared for me.

"He.…how will I eat when I lost my own family." I've been swimming in my pool of tears. I'm finding it hard for this to sink in.

"I know it hurts. I may not know the love you shared but I can see that you do love her. Do it for your son, Gerald needs his father. Do you think he enjoys seeing you like this. No he doesn't, he aslo lost his mum and a brother. He is too young to understand but your are hurting him emotionally."

"Where is he? I haven't seen him in two days." Yes I'm hurting but I can't neglect my son like this.

"Austine took him to Gabbs, I wonder how she is holding up. It will all pass son. I can't take the pain but you need to be strong."

I sigh looking at her pictures, why has God forsaken me? I can't stomach anything right now. I will pass by the hospital and see her for the very last time. It's time I release her body to the morgue.

PRECIOUS ZIKHALI

"Yewena Masaka, so you have finally killed me heh!" I try punching him but it just runs past through him.

"Haven't changed I see. My brother is funerald in this marriage. Anyway let me not keep you waiting. I just wanted to thank you personally." Ghost man is starting to get on my nerves. He is all smiles yet he stole me from the planet of earth!

"Thank me, what for exactly?" This I would definitely love to hear.

"For reuniting my family. For making my family a whole again. For making my brother the best man. For being the best mother a child could ever ask for. Here take this." He is giving three ribbons, two blues and one pink. "One for Gerald, and other for Hendry Jnr and another for……… you will figure that one on your own. I wouldn't want to ruin the suprise." He flashes a smile revealing his perfectly lined up white teeth. And than it clicks where the hell am I!

"Where am I?" This place is completely white, the grass is way too soft.

"In heaven." He smiles, he likes smiling that I've noticed.

"Ow hell no." I didn't waste anymore time I ran as fast as I could. If I'm in heaven which ladder did I uses. I need to get down as quickly as possible! MaWeapons think! Unfreeze your mind and use it!
"Golliat! Golliat! Yehheni webantu, Cebolethu help me fly."

"Will you stop running, you might just give birth." He startles me from behind.

"Are you following me?" I think I'm going crazy.

"Isin't obvious." He comes close making me to freeze on the spot, he put his hands on my stomach and whispered a foreign language I don't know.

"If you bewitching me fire back to se…….." my tounge got twisted, my eyes are sleepy.

"Go," he pushed me making me to fall back surprisingly I felt like I'm flying. My eyes are shut closed, I'm hearing cries, a cry of a man. I felt connected with this man. My heart skips a beat whenever I hear his sobs.

HENDRY LUCAS

I'm looking at my wife's pale helpless body. It's time I make a decision, a decision that will always bring hurt whenever I think of it. A decision that will slowly kill me. The rest of the family is here, it's heart breaking. Her mother is trying to be strong but it's hard.

"Bhus'man deda ndoda. She is faking her death let me deal with this one." I'm too drained, too emotional to deal with Zozo's craziness and tantrums. Zozo lifted her hand giving Precious one hell of a smack.

"What the fuck! Are you crazy! You know what I need some air before I loose it." I'm not even angry I'm just defeated.

"Don't worry she will come back, I'm sure Johan is telling her those fairy tale stories." She looks proud of what she just did. She's even bumping around like a boss. This woman is insanely crazy.

"Did she just move her hand?" Amanda says rushing by her side making everyone to look at her anxiously. "I'm not crazy I saw her hand move i swear!" She begins to cry. "I swear mama, I'm not crazy."

"Come here, I know it hurts babe. " Her mother pulls her into a tight hug. I shut my eyes letting my tears stream down my face. I looked at her one last time, and notice that she just blinked.

"Precious, MaLucas, babe." I stand by her side holding her soft hand. She squeezes it gently making me to gasp in shock. "Baby can you hear me?" I might be crazy but I know what I'm seeing. She squeezes my hand again.

"Son she's gone. You have to accept fate and move one." My mother tries to talk me out of it but I'm having none of it. I rush out to go call a doctor. The doctor believed that I'm crazy probably I'm loosing my mind.

"Mr Lucas your wife is gone. She was suppose to be at the morgue by now. But you forced us to keep her here. Please sign the documents so we could release her body."

"No, I know what I saw. My wife is still alive. Please I beg you, just have a look at her this one last time. If my assumptions were wrong then you have the right to sue or even arrest me." I've been begging him for the past thirty minutes. He finally gave in and agreed.

Examining her, he didn't show any expressions on his face. It was just emotionless.

"And," I ask, I want to know. I want to let her go. I want to be sure before I make any drastic decisions.

"Unbelievable, a... she's alive. How did this happen?" The doctor is confused like everyone else in this room. Precious flicked her eyes open trying to regain her sight. This can't be happening, did God really hear my cries.

"Hahaha what did you bring for me, I know Johan gave you something. I told you she's not dead she's faking it. How can she die without registering for the government money, imali iqolo." Zozo if only she can just shut up For two minutes.
I look at my wife who scanning her eyes around looking all lost. Our eyes meet making her eyes glister with tears. If this is a prank can it be real.
God can't play with my emotions like this.

"Shhhhh, I'm here it's okay." I hold her tightly onto my chest. I don't see my life without this woman by my side. To believe that she was dead will forever kill me. Everyone is emotional and her mother's sobs brought so much pain.