Chapter 6 - Breakdown

---

I locked myself away in my room. I was far to upset to show my face in the compound. I wasn't even wrapped up in blankets or constantly crying, like most people would expect. I just sat with my back pressed against the end of my brand new bed. I stared blankly at the small bookshelf below my TV attached to the wall. With occasional glances up at my reflection. I left the curtains shut, light would just show me how happy I wasn't.

The only person that would come into my room is Wanda. She'd just drop off some food, not that I felt like eating, kiss my forehead and then leave. She wouldn't say anything at all, she knew how I delt with this stuff. I shut everyone out. I did the same thing when I was at the orphanage straight after my parents died. I felt like a horrible sister, I wasn't being there for Wanda. She lost her twin brother, not just her brother. She was also grieving but I wasn't doing anything about it.

I glanced up at my TV, staring myself in the eyes. I looked horrifying... My hair was a mess, I hadn't had a shower in at least a week. I've been wearing the same set of sweats for weeks. Slowly the tears started to drip down my face. I haven't cried since the night after I watched him die and did nothing.

Tears kept dribbling down my face, but my expression was stone cold. I stared at myself, just thinking... I can't go on like this forever. He wouldn't want me to just sit here and wallow in my own self pity. He'd want me to not forget about him but to move on with my life. He wouldn't want me to become a drone and he'd want me to help Wanda cope with her pain.

I clenched my fists and pushed myself up. Tears were still streaming down my face as I marched over to my door. I had lost track of all time while I've been locked up in my room. I yanked open the door to find the hall just as dark as my room. I walked down the hall wrapping my arms around my waist. I yanked another door open that I knew would lead me to the large field we had on the grounds. I marched out onto the field.

The second I was half way across the field I let out a loud sob and fell to my knees. I placed my hands firmly on the grass, digging my fingers into the dirt, and cried all of the tears I haven't been for the past week.

Once I finally calmed down a bit, my sadness turned into anger. My face hardened as I re-clenched my fists along with my jaw. I pulled my arms into my chest and let out a loud scream filled sob. A burst of purple magic expelled itself from my body. Tears started to stream down my face again as I felt my mind slowly going black. It was like I was falling into the back of my mind.

---
Wanda's POV

"Y/n." I called out, lightly knocking on her door that was left wide open. It was a little odd that it wasn't shut but I brushed it off and walked into the room, even though she didn't respond.

"Y/n?" I asked. I didn't see her in the room, so I decided to flick on the light. The light illuminated the room, my blood ran a little colder when I saw she wasn't there in her usual spot. "Y/n?!" I asked a little more frantically as I knocked hard on the bathroom door, maybe she just decided to finally shower, even though the water wasn't running. When I didn't hear anything I opened the door, flicking on the light. She wasn't in there either. "Oh god."

I walked back into her room, tangling my hands in my hair. I've lost her. I've lost my baby sister. Oh god, oh god, oh god. I frantically ran back out into the hallway.

"Y/n?!" I yelled frantically, I need to think where she would go. Ugh! Where would a depressed 14 year old go?! I decided maybe the kitchen, she hasn't really been eating so maybe she was just hungry. I quickly ran my way to the kitchen and skid to a stop. "Y/n?!" I yelled again, this time Vision floated through the wall.