Chapter 4 - Wanda...

---

"Uh, guys, why aren't they climbing the fence?" Bucky asked drawing our attention away from the ground. My eyes slowly scanned the crowd of zombies, they were just standing there, groaning at us.

"Uh, they don't have to scale anything." Peter added just as my eyes landed on the massive tear in the fence, a large portion of it missing... And yet they were still just standing there...

Slowly and warily we turned away from the fence and started to walk further into the old army camp.

"We must be careful. Baba Yaga nears." Kurt said creepily, holding his hand out in front of himself as he crept forwards. "I can feel her.

"Baba who, now?" Bruce asked frowning as I narrowed my eyes at Kurt.

"Baba Yaga. The witch." Kurt clarified making me roll my eyes dramatically. "Known to lurk in shadows of sacred burial grounds." Suddenly Peter placed his hand on Kurt's shoulder making him spring backwards, karate chopping the air. I couldn't help but let out a loud chuckle "Baba Ya..."

"Oh, no, I totally just jump-scared you. Sorry. I didn't mean to do that." Peter quickly apologised trying to calm Kurt back down.

"Bless you, Pete." I beamed leaning over and pecking Peter's cheek, then sweeping my thumb over where I'd just kissed.

"It's just spider boy. Come on." Kurt mumbled calming back down. Then a hand placed itself on Peter's shoulder in between me and him. This time all three of us jumped as we spun around, without hesitation I formed a shield around the three of us. All of our eyes landed on Vision making me breathe out in relief and drop my shield. I placed my hand on my chest as my heart rate started to slow back to it's normal pace.

"Oh, Vision! You're a Vision!" Bruce said making his way over to us. "You have no idea how good it is to see a familiar and not one of those gross, half-eaten faces." He continued wrapping his arms tightly around Vision body, trapping his arms to his sides.

"One of the benefits of being an android. I'm not on the menu." Vision said as Bruce let go of him. I couldn't help the smile spreading onto my face at his voice, a voice I'd come to miss. But then the thought of Wanda struck my mind. She'd be with him if she was still...

"That's how you've been able to keep the zombies at bay." Bruce muttered his eyes widening with realization.

"Vision..." I called quietly. "Wanda, is she..?" I asked choking up and not being able to finish my sentence, it was too painful to even think about.

"Miss Maximoff... I am sorry..." He trailed off looking down to the ground sadly. I flashed a smile already tearing up at the news. Bringing my wrist up under my nose I let out a small sob. I felt Peter wrap his arm around my shoulder and lean his head on top of mine. Tears started to leak down my face as the group started moving. I figured she wouldn't be here anymore... I cried for 3 whole days just thinking about it and it's been on my mind ever since. But having the conformation from her partner was a whole other thing that I thought I was prepared for, I thought wrong...

---

"The Mind Stone." Vision started at he flicked the lights on in the camp facility. I had swiftly half collected myself before going in, I had to keep it together. "The source of... well, me." He continued. "It emits a sub-frequency that is not to their liking."