9a. ➝ Chapter 1 - Monopoly

---

Me and Peter have been complete messes for three weeks now. We just keep ourselves in bed, either sobbing or gently trying to ease the other to sleep. For just under two weeks I stayed with Peter and May, though we never really left his room. We only really saw May when she brought us food and drink. We barely spoke to each other so she knew she wasn't gonna get anything out of us, so she never pushed. But last week they helped me move into my new apartment, courtesy of Pepper. Peter helped me get settled and kept me company by staying the whole week, he only briefly went back to his place for fresh clothes. Luckily May has allowed Peter to stay with me, I honestly think I would've broken down without him.

Long story short it's been a long 3 weeks. First we came back from the dead, then watched Tony die right in front of us, we went to his funeral, I found out Nat was dead as well, Steve went back in time and is now an actual hundred year old man. Then Wanda yelled at me, I know she's just grieving over Vision's death but it still stung. For two 16 year olds it was definitely a lot to deal with...

I sniffled slightly as Peter picked the dice up off the board. We were currently sat in my bed, only the bedside lamps illuminating the room, a Monopoly board laid out in front of us. I'd never played before so Peter decided to teach me, you know, help keep our minds off of it all.

"I still don't see how this is fun, Pete." I chuckled half-heartedly shifting back onto his hoodie clad chest.

"I promise it gets better." He said lightly smiling as he rolled the dice, making a quiet clacking sounds as they landed back on the board. The dice showed a two and a three which meant he landed on the go to jail spot. "Dammit." He muttered moving his piece halfway across the board to the orange jail.

I softly chuckled again as he handed me the dice. I shook them in my hand for a few seconds before releasing them out onto the board. Both dice tallied up to make eight so I started to count, moving my lips and whispering under my breath as I moved my thimble. I landed on the free parking spot and looked back at Peter, frowning.

"What does that mean?" I asked, he looked down at me, smiling softly.

"Literally nothing." He chuckled but still seeing my slightly confused face he decided to elaborate. "It's just a waiting space." He explained before pecking my forehead lovingly.

"This game makes no sense." I mumbled returning my gaze back to the board as I stuck out my bottom lip, pouting ever so slightly. Peter chuckled softly and grabbed the dice again. He rolled a six and a three, which made him curse under his breath and pass the dice back to me.

I threw the dice onto the board getting an eleven all up. Yet again I mouthed each number as I moved my piece along the board. I ended up landing on the green Regent Street, I swiveled slightly to look back at Peter since I knew he owned the property.

"It's cute when you do that." Peter told me gazing at me with a look of complete adoration.

"Do what?" I asked as a goofy smile overtook my face.

"Mumble the numbers under your breath as you move." I chuckled slightly, my smile only growing even more. Placing a hand on his chest to steady me I leaned up and gave him a sweet lingering peck on the lips. Without pulling very far away I glanced over his shoulder to the property cards on the side table.

"How much do I owe you?" I asked spotting the card with the bright green band before glancing back to meet his eyes again.

"Not a thing." He mumbled his eyes glancing between mine. My heart fluttered at the sentence, it was sweet and simple but it meant the world to me. I smiled softly before inching up that little bit and reconnecting our lips. This one was longer than the first one. Still filled with love for one another, all though we've never said that word to each other. I felt his hand land on mine that was still pressed against his chest before he tangled our fingers together. I carefully peeled my eyes open and saw him frowning intently like he was trying to commit this to memory. It has been ages since we've done anything, it's all been hugs and small pecks. It's only been like 3 weeks but for probably both of us it's felt like a life time. I pulled away making his eyes open and his frown instantly fade.