Chapter 4 - Venice

---

The rest of the flight was pure hell... Trying to fight the overwhelming exhaustion while Brad told me endless stories and joke that really weren't that interesting or funny. Utter relief flooded through my body when my feet touched the ground. While everyone else was trying to pass through the security check I was quick to search the area for Peter. And once I laid eyes on him I couldn't stop my feet from taking me towards him, not that I'd want to.

"-that's nothing." Ned spoke, I'd clearly missed the start of his sentence.

"What's nothing?" I asked stopping next to Peter.

"Oh, hey, nothing's nothing." Ned fumbled out shaking his head at me dismissively.

"Okay..." I trailed off, nodding while my eyes narrowed at Ned.

"Good flight?" Peter suddenly asked, bringing my attention away from Ned.

"Uhh, awful..." I groaned.

"Really?" He said, seemingly perking up slightly but maybe that was just my imagination. I nodded as my mouth opened involuntarily so I could let out a yawn, my hand quickly racing up to cover it. "Tired?" Peter asked making me nod once again as my yawn subsided.

"Hey, babe. Can you hold this please?" Betty suddenly came up besides Ned, gently placing her hand on his arm as she handed him her water bottle. I was immediately taken aback, since when were they so close?

"Yeah, of course." Ned replied sweetly. And in response Betty leaned in and peaked his cheek, muttering a thanks to him. Glancing over at Peter, I saw the same confusion written all over his face as well.

"You know I don't know what normal relationships are like but... before we got on the plane I don't think they'd ever spoken a word to each other... It took us like 3 years not 8 and a half hours... Are we the weird ones or are they?" I asked Peter in his mind so Betty and Ned wouldn't know we were communicating.

"They are." Peter replied almost instantly. Ned sighed happily staring at her before he gently booped her nose making both of them to giggle and me to harshly crinkle my nose up. "Definitely them." With a permanent smile on her face Betty turned around and went back to her place in line.

"What was that?" Peter asked after a second of silence. Ned frowned for a split second before glancing in Betty's direction, clocking what Peter was referring to.

"Uh, well, we got to talking on the plane, and it turns out, we have a lot in common. So we're boyfriend and girlfriend now." Ned explained with a goofy smile covering his face.

"Whatever happened to being an American bachelor in Europe?" Peter asked, frowning intently as he pushed his head frowards an inch.

"Peter, those were the words of a boy. And that boy met a woman. A very strong and powerful woman. And now that boy's a man." I slowly nodded along like I was understanding but it honestly was all going straight over my head.

"Babe?" Betty called from the long line of students.

"Coming, babe." Ned replied with a smile, turning to me and Peter for a split second before walking off to Betty.

As we watched Ned walk off to his new girlfriend another yawn made my mouth open, my hand flying up to cover the lower half of my face. What little energy I had left was fading, so lazily I let my head drop down onto Peter's shoulder so I didn't have to hold it up.