Chapter 9 - Opera

---

Taking a deep sigh I looked myself over in the bathroom mirror. It felt strange being dressed up like this, the last time I had gotten dressed up was for Tony's funeral. The formal outfit I had packed was a sleek black dress that hung down to my mid thigh. The skirt had three layers making it puff out just a tad. The top portion held a slight v-neck line, just to the top of my cleavage showing off barely any of it. Spaghetti straps over my shoulders holding the whole thing up. And of course I had decorated my hands with a plethora of rings, making me feel closer to my sister.

Shaking my head to snap myself out of my daze I pushed off the bench and tiptoed out of the bathroom, scanning the room for Peter. A smile found it's way onto my face as he buttoned up his stark white shirt. Silently I made my way over to him wrapping my arms around his waist from behind, nestling my head into his neck. The smell of his cologne tickled my nose causing a giggle to come out.

"How much of that stuff did you put on?" I asked in the same giggle. Gently he shrugged his shoulders, carefully not to make my head painfully jerk. My eyes slowly flickered shut, the world becoming deaf around me, Peter's voice fading out into a mumble. My arms wrapped around him went slack falling back down to my sides as my brain tried to shut down.

"Y/n?" Peter's singsong tone of voice got through to me. A soft nudge to my cheek making me shoot up straight, my eyes widening to keep myself alert. This really was getting on my nerves. "You're still tired, maybe you should just stay here." Peter hummed, turning around to face me.

"No, no, I'm fine. I can do this." I frantically nodded, another tactic to keep myself awake. "I'm fine." Waving of my exhaustion, turning I went off to grab my all black hi-tops that I had left by the door. "We need to go. The rest of the class will be waiting for us." I muttered yanking on my first shoe, quickly followed by the second. With a little flick of my wrist and fingers my shoes were tightly laced. Smiling down at my handy work I looked over my shoulder to see Peter just staring at me, gawking almost. "What?" I giggled turning back around properly.

"Nothing." Peter grinned. "Just you." A matching grin formed on my face at his sweet words, my stomach doing a little flip. "You look gorgeous."

"Thanks, you don't look to bad yourself." Slowly I extended my hand out for him to take. "Come on, we don't want to be late."

---

I was so thankful for my sensible shoe choice, wearing sneakers rather than uncomfortable heels. Walking through the streets of Prague was amazing and so captivating. The street carnival taking place all around us. Adorable lanterns having been hung from the buildings and from poles the party-goers were carrying. All of it was breathtaking and unlike anything I've ever seen in my life.

"Kids, do you copy? Comm check, one, two." Maria Hill's voice echoed in my ear causing my bright mood to immediately dampen.

When we finally reached the opera house the building was gorgeous like all the rest in the city. But the mood inside was dull and one of pure boredom. The slight wave of relief that we wouldn't be staying here long before we'd disappear washing over me. Though the thought of flighting a massive lava monster wasn't fun either...

"This'll be fun." MJ mumbled as I stopped beside her.

"I honestly thought you'd be more into this." At the sound of my voice Brad's ears seemed to perk, quickly spinning around from halfway down the isle.