Chapter 1 - I... can't make it...

---

"L/n!" Peter's voice rung through my ears as he snapped his fingers in front of my face, pulling me out of my daze. I quickly snapped my journal shut that was resting on my knees, hopefully neither of them had seen what I was writing down.

"What do you think?" Ned asked me, a smirk plastered on his and Peters faces.

"Ohhhh..." I hummed trying to think of an answer. What the hell were they talking about when I started to zone out?! "Uhhhh... the first one..?" I answered making it sound more like I asked a question than answered it. They both stifled laughs. "Fine, I have no idea what you're talking about!" I yelled throwing my hands up in the air out of defeat.

"Yeah, N/n, we know." Peter laughed, Ned laughing along with him. "You've always got your head stuffed in that journal." Peter said motioning towards my journal that I sat on the table in front of me.

"Yeah, what do you even write about in that thing?" Ned laughed as he tried to grab it, luckily his reflexes where to slow and I grabbed it before he could lay a finger on it.

"Girl stuff." I mocked as I stuffed it into my bag that was sitting next to me. Both boys scrunched up their noses. "Jeez, I don't write about that." I laughed, knowing exactly what they were thinking. "So, what were you talking about?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Oh, just this weekend." Peter chimed pulling out his phone from his hoodie pocket.

"What's happening this weekend?" I asked still not really knowing what they were on about.

"We were just thinking of having a movie marathon." Ned replied rolling his eyes at Peter who was too busy looking at his phone to reply. I mean it's not like he ever gets any text messages.

"Am I invited?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Nah, we were gonna exclude you." Peter laughed still not looking up from his phone. My mouth fell open as I put my hand on my chest pretending to be hurt.

"Wow, rude guys."

"Of course you're invited stupid." Peter said flicking me in the forehead as he said 'stupid'. I mouthed an 'ouch' at Ned who just laughed, I rubbed my forehead slightly as I laughed as well. Jesus, it was hard not to laugh in my Sokovian accent.

"So what mo-" I started but got interrupted by Ned.

"Y/n, your phones ringing." He said pointing to my phone that was sitting next to Ned.

"Oh." I said moving my elbow so I could see it, I saw Peter glance up from his phone out of the corner of my eye. "Oh, it's just my sister." I laughed picking it up and pressing answer.

"Yellow." I spoke into the phone as both boys watched me intently. It always felt so awkward when she rang me at school. I hate speaking to her in an American accent, it felt so unnatural.

"We've got something." She said seriously. I sighed as I took the phone away from my ear slightly, and holding up my pointer finger silently saying that I'd only be a second. They both nodded and I got up and walked into a corner of the room, that only us three were in.

"What've you found?" I asked as I started to bite my lip nervously. We've been trying to track down this Brock Rumlow guy for ages now but we always miss him by a few seconds or he escapes.

"He's planning an attack in Lagos, he's been seen there." She informed me.

"When?" I asked, thinking I know very well when.

"This weekend." She replied.

"This weekend?" I asked turning to face the boys, whose eyes were glued on me. Both of them looked at me with pleading eyes. UGH!