8a. ➝ Chapter 1 - What If... Y/n became a widow?

---

Meanwhile in another universe.

---

Planting my hand against the top side of the ventilation shaft I pushed myself forward. Peering over the edge I estimated that it was roughly a thirteen feet drop down to the floor, survivable. I manoeuvred carefully, not making a single noise that could be heard from anywhere else but the vent I was laid in. I pushed on the silver ceiling pushing myself out of the vent. My hand went to my belt and I took my zip rope, hooking it to the wall just outside of the vent. With a harsh tug to confirm that it would hold my weight, I planted my boot and shoved myself into the open air.

I landed on the floor, boots making the slightest thud. Hastily I unclipped the rope, leaving it behind me to adventure further into the vast room. It was just like the rest of the facility that I'd managed to get into with ease. The structure provided the bare minimum, nothing more. No decorations whatsoever, though they weren't much for comfort. I should know. My eyes landed on the five large chambers that stretched up to the ceiling.

I made my way over, stopping in front of the first one. The glass was fogged over preventing me from seeing what was inside. I placed my half gloved palm on the glass at eye level and swiped it across, revealing the contents of the chamber. The face of a long frozen face of a blond woman. Her gaze was slightly inclined toward the ceiling, or maybe more to the pipes that had provided the ice that froze her solid.

My eyes travelled to the other chambers. Just to make sure they were all here, I walked around the semi-circle of chambers wiping my hand on the frosted glass of each. Five Winter Soldiers and counting. The sixth wasn't here, he was kept in a different part of the Hydra facility. That was a massive positive for completing my mission.

Now that I was sure they were all here, I pulled my pistol from my thigh holster. I pressed the barrel of my gun to the glass, observing the fact that the man inside didn't even notice I was standing there.

"Пока, солдат." I whispered to the frozen Hydra soldier.

*So long, soldier.*

With that being said I pulled the trigger. I pulled my pistol back to view the hole in the glass and in the man's forehead that began to drip blood down his nose. No loud alarm went off through the facility but I knew better than to assume there wasn't a silent alarm. With expertise I spun and pulled the trigger no more than five times. Each bullet found its place in each of the soldiers' heads from where I was standing, killing them in an instant.

I let a huff pass from my nose, placing my gun back into my holster. I turned back to the rope that led up into the vent I used to gain access to the room. I began to walk over to it but I was stopped short in my tracks. The large door behind me, the conventional way to enter the room, burst open. I glanced over my shoulder, expecting to have to fight off a few Hydra agents before I could leave.

I was taken aback upon seeing who was staring me down. The original. I'd just killed his replacements that were by no means as functional as he was but they were still a threat to our organisation. The Winter Soldier stood in the door, shoulders tense, silent and deadly. I pressed my lips together and turned to face him fully, cocking my head to the side as I studied the subtle shifts in his body language. I wasn't going to get out of here without a fight.

"Пожалуйста, солдат. Я уничтожил твоих конкурентов ради тебя." I told him in Russian so he would understand.