Chapter 6 - WANDA!

---

The sudden vibration against the table snapped me out of my daze. I glanced around the server room confused as to what was making that noise. Darcy was furiously typing away but I had zoned out the clicking noises. Jimmy was staring down the laptop displaying Westview. Monica, it was Monica's phone vibrating against the table with a text message. She plucked it from the table and checked what it said. As she was doing so my eyes drifted back to my laptop screen. I had managed to delete the original file and now I was just checking that they didn't have backups or anything.

"That's it." Monica chimed making me glance back up at her, she was grinning from ear to ear. "My way back into the hex will be here in an hour. Just gotta meet my guy over the ridge. Let's roll." Monica explained starting to move towards the exit. I nodded my head to the side hesitant to leave. I wanted to keep going through files just to make sure but on the other hand I'd deleted the original so that should be enough... At least I hope it will be. Jimmy slammed the laptop closed and stood up ready to follow Monica.

"You can't do that." Darcy interrupted, causing both of them to stop their advances towards the door. I frowned softly and turned to Darcy.

"Sure we can. I'm a whiz at hot-wiring cars." Jimmy replied casually but I could blatantly hear the urgency in Darcy's voice.

"You can't go back into the hex." Darcy clarified.

"Worst case scenario, Wanda removes my free will and puts me in ultra-low-rise jeans." Monica slightly chuckled, a grin forming on her face but Darcy's next sentence whipped it clean off.

"Hayward has your blood work." Darcy said before she spun the laptop around. I quickly moved around Darcy to see the screen she was showing.

"Oh my god..." I muttered out without even thinking about it. Whatever was wrong with her blood it was not normal, it looked almost radioactive...

"You've gone through the boundary twice already, Monica. The engery inside has re-written your cells on a molecular level twice. It's changing you." Darcy explained, I glanced to Monica watching her shake her head slightly as she cast a glance at Jimmy. She stayed silent for a quick beat, in fact we all did waiting for her decision.

"Seen enough lab results to last me a lifetime." Monica finally spoke up. "Cells metastasizing, cells in remission. I know what Wanda's feeling and I won't stop until I help her." I could almost teared up at her words.

"Are you sure?" I asked to finalise her decision, I wasn't gonna make her do anything that she didn't want to. She turned to me with a small smile and curtly nodded, making me softly nod back. "Okay. Thank you." I said flashing her a slightly pained smile.

"Okay." Jimmy repeated, signaling for us to get a move on. He started to move again but Darcy yet again stopped them both.

"But I'm staying here." Darcy announced, turning her laptop as the other two turned back to face her.

"Wait, you can't stay here." Jimmy said, both of them stepping back towards the table.

"What?" Monica asked in confusion. I crossed my arms and looked down to the floor. I still had some files to snoop through and I would serve as protection for Darcy.

"It's not safe." Jimmy continued from where he left off.

"Darcy, what are you talkin' about?"