Chapter 9 - Memory lane

---
(Third person)

Wanda entered the small cluttered apartment soaking in everything. It's been forever since she's seen the apartment she spent the first 10 years of her life in. It was never much but it was alway her home.

"Charming." Agatha chimed pressing her finger to her chin. "Love the Cold War aesthetic." She continued as the door they entered through clicked shut behind them. "Why are we here?" She asked, looking to the woman that Wanda couldn't take her eyes off of.

"Mama..." Wanda breathed out semi-answering Agatha's question.

"Irina?" A familiar voice called from the front door.

"Papa..." Wanda breathed out yet again as her Mother rushed to greet her husband at the front door. She welcomed her husband home in Sokovian, a look of understanding crossed Agatha's face as a genuinely happy smile crossed Wanda's.

Oleg placed one of his briefcases down by the door, the other on the couch before removing his cap and placing it on a coat hook. Suddenly a short little girl ran over to the front door, stopping at the mans feet and hugging into his legs.

"Papa!" The little girl, no older than 5, giggled making the older man chuckle as he bent down to her height. Wanda's smile grew as she watched her little sister interact with her Father.

"Y/n..."

"Did you have good day?" Little Y/n asked her Dad in slightly fractured English. She was only speaking English because today was the one day a week they spoke it. Their parents always said English was a language they needed to learn so they could converse with more people when they traveled the world when they were older.

"I had an amazing day, sweetheart." He cooed to the little girl, poking her nose making a giggle erupt from her chest and scrunch up her nose. He was just about to ask his daughter the question she had asked him but his wife spoke up from the couch.

"Oleg..." She muttered looking to her husband, who locked eyes with her over their small daughter's shoulder.

"Hey." He said kissing his daughter's head before he made his way to the couch his wife was sat on. He knelt down in front of her taking both of her hands in his. "Не брини, сутра ћу их све продати." He assured his wife, their daughter frowned slightly at his statement but since she was 5 she shook it off pretty quickly. "Више за ТВ вечер!" He enthused wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her up onto her feet. They both shared a quick kiss making their daughter once again scrunch her nose up.

*Don't worry, I'll sell them all tomorrow.*
*More for TV night!*

"In English, Papa!" A 10 year old Pietro yelled running up to his Father.

"Pietro..." Wands continued to grin, watching in delight as he approached their Father.

"Oh, he's loud, isn't he?" Agatha asked pressing her fingertip just below her ear.

"You said the only rule of TV night is we try to practice our English." Pietro argued as his Father took off his jacket.

"Yeah. Yes, he is right." Irina replied pointing to her husband. "We were just making rid of last little bit of Sokovian." She explained holding up her fingers inches apart from each other. Oleg draped his jacket over his son's shoulder, Pietro grumbled under his breath as he made his way to the coat rack.

"Where's your sister?" Oleg asked waving his little girl over to him. She grinned happily and bounded over to her Papa.

"Wanda?" Pietro called out into the small apartment.