Chapter 8 - Baby mountain goats

---

This time we were forced to sit at the front of the bus, having been the last ones on. I could feel eyes burrowing into the back of my head. Knowing that they were most likely Brad's I shrunk down in my seat, so he couldn't catch even a glimpse of me.

"Edith?" Peter muttered beside me making me roll my head towards him. He, much like myself, was slouching in the seat, corner of the window and chair to form a little nook. He continued to mutter his voice being so drowned out by the loud chatter of the bus I could barely make out any of his words. I raised an eyebrow when I heard the words, 'ruin everything'. He stayed silent again for a few seconds clearly Edith was talking back to him. "Brad Davis. He has a photo of me."

I sighed with the realisation of why he was talking to Edith and I suppose it was a good idea in theory but we have no idea what she's capable of.

"Pete-" I started turning to face him so I was sitting sideways in my seat.

"Is Brad a target?" Peter asked, well it sounded like he was repeating what Edith had asked him.

"What? Peter, no." I harshly whispered out so no one else around would be able to hear. He didn't listen to me, it was like my words went in one ear and out the other. What he did do instead of reply was shift in his seat so he was facing me and start to edge around me. I let out a groan of frustration as he poked his head out into the isle, checking up on Brad most likely. He quickly threw himself back in his seat causing me to let out a small yelp at the sudden movement.

"Yeah. He's a target. He's a target." Peter mumbled, readjusting his glasses that had been jostled by his frantic move.

"Peter!" I scolded, even harsher than before. I don't know what target could mean but whatever it was it didn't sound all too friendly.

"Initiating what now?" Peter muttered, pushing himself slightly further up in his seat. My eyebrows raised in concern, leaning forward trying to entice him into telling me what was happening. "Edith."

Out of the corner of my eye I witnessed something burning in the sky, heading directly for our bus.

"Uh..." I trailed off but Peter was already leaning over me to look out the back window of the bus. "Peter, what did you do?" I asked, my breathing started to pick up rapidly as I glanced over the back of my chair. A small white drone with machine guns attached to each side like arms was now stalking the bus. "Oh my God." I muttered alongside Peter in complete unison. I quickly glanced down at Peter silently asking him what the hell we were gonna do about this.

"Dope glasses, Parker." Flash commented, swiping the glasses out of Peter's hands that he had removed in utter shock. "How'd you pay for these?"

"Flash, give them back." Peter hurriedly muttered, frantically wiggling his finger for Flash to hand over the glasses. "Give me them back..."

"I'm really paying you a compliment." Flash argued, moving back into his seat and away from Peter's hand.

"Flash, we don't have time-" Before I could even finish my sentence Peter had accidentally swung his hand a little to hard while trying to reach the glasses. Flash's head rolled to the side as he fell backwards into the seat next to him, completely unconscious. Pressing my lips together I looked to Peter noticing that he had the same look of bewilderment plastered all over his face.