Chapter 2 - Reality hopping

---

Wanda's whispering echoed around me as I marched down the hallway to where I was told America should be. She was what Wanda was here for, no one else mattered but her right now, I suppose. I ignored Wanda and kept walking with Strange and Wong on my tail.

When I found the door, I knew it was the correct one without anyone telling me and I shoved it open. I stepped to the side letting Strange and Wong enter before I slammed the door shut with a subtle wave of my hand.

"We gotta get you out of here. Now." Strange announced to America who I had bothered to look at yet.

"Where do we go?" I cocked an eyebrow at his great plan, crossing my arms over my chest. "She'll follow her anywhere." I grumbled, throwing my hand out to motion at the girl staring at us. But nonetheless I followed Strange as he began to conjure up a portal for us to use.

"Wong, what happened?" America asked, stopping in front of me and Wong. I eyed her up and down, she just looked like a normal kid. She was supposed to be this all impressive being and she was like fourteen, wearing a jean jacket and high tops.

"Kamar-Taj has fallen." Wong replied gravely. America's eyes briefly flitted to me but I turned away from her, not introducing myself. We had no time for formalities.

My lips parted as Strange's sling ring evaporated into a puff of red magic entwined with black. Great, just great. Everyone went on high alert as the door opposite the one I shut, spun on its hinges and slammed shut, trapping us inside the room. It sounded like screaming whispers came from all around us. I darted my head from left to right but upon seeing nothing immediately alarming I blocked out the sounds.

Stepping forward, I took initiative and held my hands out. I watched as magic started to tangle around my fingertips. My hands rotated slowly, a shape beginning to take place in the air before me. I ignored the yelps from the group behind me and continued with my work. One symbol done. With one hand I pushed it to attach to the far wall, with the other I began to make the next.

"Reflections. She's using the reflections." I heard Strange mumble under his breath, but since the room was quiet I could hear him. "Cover them."

My hand still twisted around to create the next symbol. I broke my eyes off the second floating finished symbol as I pushed it to the wall to my left. I began to create the third and with my other hand grabbed onto a sheet, joining in on the scramble to cover up the wet patches on the wooden floor. I swiped the glowing purple sheet over the wet patch that my sister could use to get at us, trusting the others to get the rest.

"What are you doing?" Strange's voice entered my ear, my hand straightening out and pushing the third ruin onto the right hand wall. I turned to face him with a frown, my hands still delicately writing out the next shape.

"I'm blocking out all magic but mine." I answered his question boredly, turning back to the purple symbol. "Wanda will be defenceless." I carried on, a small smirk crossing my lips. I noticed out of the corner of my eye Strange sent an apprehensive look across the room.

"So will we." Strange told me strictly. "I can't let you block out our sorcery. Leaving you the only one to defend all of us." Strange continued to scold me, making me shake my head. I don't even know if the ruins would block out sorcery or just witchcraft. I felt a hand clamp onto my wrist when I finished up my fourth and final ruin.