Chapter 9 - Preparations

---

Dawn was soon to approach by the time we made in into the school's laboratory to restart the cures. The 3 Peter's stood on the opposite side of one of the bench tops to myself, Ned and MJ. Peter flicked the small lamp on illuminating the bench as he dumped the contents of the bag May had onto the work space.

"Okay, so..." Peter mindless muttered, sorting through the shards of glass mixed in with our cures. "Conners, Marko, Dillon, and, um..." He separated the devices but when he got to Osborn's he couldn't even bring himself to say his name and instead just slammed it on the bench. "Look, I think that I can repair the devices for Dillon and Marko, but the others..." Peter admited with a shrug.

"Well, I got Conners." Who I'm gonna called middle aged Peter announced, now wearing a lab coat. "I've already cured him once, so no big deal." He continued on, lifting the device and flipping it once in his hand. We all fell into silence as the other two Peter's stared at him. "What? It's no big deal." He shrugged off their stares.

"Great." Older Peter commented.

"Yeah. That's great." Peter added, a still slightly awestruck expression on his face. Middle aged Peter spun on his heels, his shoes squeaking as he started to collect the ingredients he needed for Conners' cure.

"I think I can make an antiserum for Doctor Osborn. Been thinking about it a long time." Older Peter said, lifting the device meant for Osborn that me and him him worked on. I couldn't help but notice Peter focusing intently on the device in his older variants hands. He looked angry, pissed off and vengeful. "Got to cure all of 'em, right?"

"Right." Peter mumbled out looking back up to meet his own eyes looking back at him.

"Yeah, it's what we do." He nodded.

Peter fiddled with the two devices meant for Max Dillon and Flint Marko. He must've felt me staring at him cause he looked up and met my gaze. He frowned at me almost as if he was asking if I was alright.

"I just need a minute." I whispered, my voice refusing to go any louder. Not being able to stand looking at his confused face anymore I turned and made my escape through the door, grabbing a random towel that was thrown aside onto one of the benches.

Once the door shut behind me I flopped down onto the floor and scooted my way so I was leaning back against the wall next to the door. My breathing picked up as I brought the towel I had stolen up to my mouth, silently debating whether or not this was sanitary. It probably wasn't but I had no choice. I bit down hardly on the towel hovering my right hand over my left wrist. I squeezed my eyes shut, my breathing speeding up as I prepared myself. Magic trailed around my fingers as I began to snap my broken bones back into their correct places. The towel muffling my horrible agonising screams. Once it was relatively fixed I spat the towel away and threw my head back against the wall. Jesus.

My eyes peeled open, focusing on my left wrist. My fingers slowly started to move, a little less pain than before coming from the area. But enough pain was radiating that it still caused me to groan. This sucked, absolutely sucked. And if there were more Peter's here, my theory seemed all the more likely that there was another-

My thoughts got cut short by the door to the lab gently opening and closing. I glanced up to see MJ, she quietly made her way around my stretched out legs before she plopped down next to me.