Chapter 3 - What'd I miss?

---

I quickly made my way down the halls and slipped into shop class. I scanned the room and found Peter and Ned at the very back table. I jogged over to them just as they were finishing their overly complicated handshake.

"Hey, what'd I miss?" I asked as I stopped at the end of the table next to Ned.

"Nothing much, got the power source out." Peter explained to me. I reached over at picked it up, examining it in my hand. Scrunching my brows together I placed it back down on the table.

"It's definitely alien." I said, making Peter nod. I noticed Ned was glancing between the two of us the whole time we were talking. "What?" I asked, finally addressing the odd looks.

"What're you doing here? I thought you 'drifted away from us'." Ned said, putting air quotes around what I told him when I left them, of course Peter actually knew why.

"Uh..." I scrambled my brain. But sighed when I realized I was gonna have to tell him know, crap... "I'll explain later." I told him, Ned cocked an eyebrow at me but hesitantly nodded.

---

"First," Ned started as the three of us walked down the hallway. "I say we put the glowy thing in the mass spectrometer."

"First, we gotta come up with a better name than 'glowy thing'." Peter added.

These two guys rounded the corner, so they were coming towards us. Peter froze before he lept behind a wall. I quickly followed, Ned was a little unsure of what Peter was on about but shuffled over. We all peared out around the corner so we could see the two men.

"Hey, that's one of the guys that tried to kill me." Peter told us in a hushed whisper once we were back around the corner.

"What?!" I basically screamed out and looked back around the corner. I heard Ned mutter out the same thing but he didn't sound anywhere near as mad as I did.

"Yeah." Peter said pulling me back around the corner.

"We gotta get out of here." Ned urged.

"No, no, no, no, no." Peter said making me glance at him confused, why no? "I gotta follow them." My eyes instantly widened. He wasn't Spider-Man at this second, he was Peter Parker and Peter Parker can not follow them.

"Uh, no." I said simply.

"They might be able to lead me to the guy that dropped us in a lake." Peter told us.

"Someone droppped you in a lake?"

"Yeah, it was not good." He said looking around the corner.

"Peter-" Ned called out as Peter started to drift around the corner.

"No, both of you stay there." Peter whispered back to us.

"Peter Parker! Get your ass back here!" I harshly whispered out to him. He held his hand back out to us and told us to stay put again.

Someone tapped on the window behind me and Ned startling us both. Ned turned around to talk to him but I still watched Peter sneakily creep into the shop class. This would be a lot easier if I wasn't restricted by these stupid bracelets.