Chapter 2 - Next target

---

"What is this?" Natasha asked me, lowering her voice drastically. She slowly raised her hands above her head in surrender.

"You are a leak." I told her straight, my voice dropping the emotion I was putting on for my performance. The gig was up and I'd gotten exactly what I wanted out of her. "The Red Room can't afford leaks, even if you thought it was all gone you're still a threat to us. And so are the people you told." My grip tightened on my gun as my opposition took a step toward me.

"That's why you're here." She said rather than asked.

"Stop all leaks, by any means necessary." I recited the exact line General Dreykov had spoken to me just before I was sent off to Russia to terminate the super soldier program Hydra had been cooking up. That wasn't a leak but they were a threat to our operations, to General Dreykov's operations. And they had to be dealt with, so did our leaks. "You must understand that only one of us can leave this apartment."

"I do." The smallest smirk tugged at the corner of her lips, making me cock my head to the side. She wasn't in any position to be smirking.

Before I could move, Natasha leapt forward and gripped the edge of her wooden table, shoving it over and dove behind it for cover. Gritting my teeth angrily, I began to back up, sending multiple shots off at the table. Several holes were punctured the table, a small cloud of dust and pieces of wood clouding the kitchen. Breathing hard, I waited for the dust to settle. Deducing that she was either dead behind what was left of the table, cowering or about to sneak up on me.

My vision turned splotchy as an object slammed into the back of my head, it was the latter of the options. In a split second I was facing Natasha, catching the ankle of her leg that was trying to bruise my rib cage mid air. Throwing her leg back at her, making her stumble giving me enough time to lift my gun on her once more.

Aiming at her leg to immobilise her, I popped off a shot but she lifted her leg just in time sending the bullet through the floor. I shifted my aim to her chest. I knew what her next move would be and flicked a small switch at the bottom of my gun. As I thought she easily gripped my gun and disarmed me within the span of a second.

My hands shot above my head, a sick smile forming across my lips. Pressing down on the button on the side of my index finger a red electric shock coursed through my opponent, sparks flying as she dropped to her knees. Not letting her recover I pulled my knee up attempting to connect it with her face. Natasha's hand flew up to my knees forcing my foot to hit the ground. Swinging her leg around she landed her foot to my stomach at the same time I flicked my foot up to clock her chin.

We were both sent to the floor. I huffed, planting my hand behind me and flicking myself up in a move I'd executed several times. I was left crouching and pissed off seeing Natasha had pulled off the same move as me. We stared at each other, as if we were both daring the other to make the next move. I spotted my gun laid on the ground from where Natasha dropped it and I made the first move.

Rolling to the side I grabbed my gun and stood to my feet already finding Natasha right there with me. Holstering my gun on my tight, I clenched both fists and sent it directly into her nose. It cracked under my fist, blood dripping down her face and my hand when I pulled it back. She dabbed her nose before raising her own fists.

We each threw punch after punch and after kick after kick, neither one of us landing a single blow. This is exactly how I grew up training in the Red Room, fighting fellow Widows but I wasn't just fighting any Widow. I was fighting the best.