Chapter 11 - This isn't goodbye

---

Peter landed in front of me and I immediately pressed my palm to his cheek, swiping my thumb over his cheekbone. He was okay, he's okay, I needed to tell myself over and over again in my head.

"I'm okay." He told me out loud making me swiftly nod. Before I had time to start crying Peter looked back up to the sky, gulping as he did so.

Without any more words he webbed up onto the torch of Lady Liberty and yanked on it, sending him up into the air. I didn't hesitate to follow after him, pushing my hands down to my side and boosted myself up into the air too. We both landed on Lady Liberties torch and looked up to a struggling Strange with his hands outstretched to the sky.

"What's happening?" Peter yelled up to Strange.

"They're starting to come through and I can't stop them." Strange replied, his hands beginning to shake under the force of the magic.

"There's gotta be something we can do." I yelled up to Strange, trying to best to hold onto the slippery metal torch and not fall.

"Can't you just cast the spell again? But, like, the original way, before I screwed it up?" Peter asked, panic clear in his voice. I couldn't blame him, especially because we could just as well destroy the whole multiverse.

"We're too late for that." Strange harshly informed us. "They're here! They're here because of you two!" He yelled.

I looked down to the metal that made up the torch trying to think up a solution, any solution. But only one horrible option came to mind, I screwed my eyes shut not even wanting to speak it aloud. I had to though.

"What if everyone forgot who we were?" I asked, feeling both Peter and Strange's eyes land on me.

"What?" Strange asked, scrunching his brows together.

"They're coming here because of us, right?" I asked for clarification as I opened my eyes. I got a small nod from Strange in reply so I continued on. "Because of who we are? So cast a new spell. But this time, everyone forgets who we are. Every one forgets who Peter Parker and Y/n Maximoff are. Make everyone forget us." I glanced over to Peter, locking eyes with him. My chest ached at even the suggestion of recasting the spell like this. It would mean me and Peter would forget everything we've ever been through. But if that meant saving the multiverse...

"No." Strange answered quickly, dragging my attention back up to him.

"But it would work, right?" Peter's voice cracked as he asked the question, I was dreading the answer. Peter probably was too.

"Yeah, it would work." Strange answered sadly. "But you got to understand, that would mean everyone... who knows and loves you... We... We'd have no memory of either of you. It'll be as if you never existed." I let out a shaky breath at Strange's explanation, which I already knew. Peter, MJ, Ned and Wanda would have no idea who I was.

"I know." Peter nodded, glancing at me as if looking for my approval. I locked eyes with Peter before looking up at Strange above us.

"Do it." I told Strange with a curt nod.

"Well, then go and say your goodbyes." Strange said barely nodding himself. "You don't have long."